Carbon Monoxide: Near Miss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to the OP for the recounting of your experience and all the others who have chimed in.
A CO tester is my next buy.

So responding as a Rookie in the world of CO testing, with the CooTwo no longer being made, what are the choices of Good CO testers out there?

I'm getting more and more convinced that I should install a filter with hopcalite at the compressor output. As long as the air is dry, hopcalite is a catalyst that should last for years. Moisture ruins it.
From what I've found sofar, the amount required is 1 gram per liter of airflow. Anyone knows where to buy hopcalite in Europe?

So responding as a Rookie in the world of CO testing, with the CooTwo no longer being made, what are the choices of Good CO testers out there?
They claim to have it available, at a discounted price. You might phone them to confirm: Cootwo Dual Gas Analyzer

This one has received good reviews here, if you can handle the sticker shock: Palm CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer | Dive Gear Express®

Analox had the best, but too few divers purchased to continue, the same as happened with the CooTwo I bet.

I think Don just said he hadn't used his CO tester in months! C'mon Don, no slipping now... :)
Hardly anyone has done any diving in the last two months of lockdown, and I'm too old for winter dive trips. My annual birthday trip to Cozumel is planned for August, and I can only be hopeful about land trips before then.

Just kidding you, Don. Thought you were checking CO on land too! :) Winter dive trips aren't so great because you have to be paranoid about getting sick the whole way to the destination

Just kidding you, Don. Thought you were checking CO on land too! :) Winter dive trips aren't so great because you have to be paranoid about getting sick the whole way to the destination
Oh, I wear a portable Sensorcon as I am paranoid about hardly any buildings here have CO alarms. It's only gone off at my mechanic garage, but it only takes one hit. Search news any day for carbon monoxide. The Sensocon is a nifty little portable that I leave on 24/7 everywhere, then have a new sensor and battery installed in even numbered years.

Air travel challenges can happen anytime, but winter travel can be the worst, and I've been blown out on winter dive trips enough to not push my luck again.

They claim to have it available, at a discounted price. You might phone them to confirm: Cootwo Dual Gas Analyzer

This one has received good reviews here, if you can handle the sticker shock: Palm CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer | Dive Gear Express®

Analox had the best, but too few divers purchased to continue, the same as happened with the CooTwo I bet.
DRIS doesn't have it listed anymore and Divenav has gone belly up. It's really a shame, it was a fantastic product. Unfortunately, the guy running the business was a real prick and it seems like he made an effort to alienate customers. He should have tried to sell his product/concept to another company who could have kept selling them.

Not sure who this is, but they list repairs, sensors, and refurb units for divenav stuff.

Products

Back
Top Bottom