car trunk tank organizer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmorg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for some plans or pics of your tank holder in your car trunk.
I have a chevy lumina with a medium size trunk. I would like to make a tank holder for at least three tanks. thanks

You can see what we use here. it might give you some ideas.

Pete

Pete, I like how you made the box to protect your valves.Great idea. thanks

Buy the time you get all the diving gear in a medium sized trunk how can the tanks roll around.

This is a 4 tank and if you fold on top it will do three for more room, cheap and easy, I use on RIB no slide and use from 1 to 4 tanks.

Send me $99.99 for plans and you can DIY.

Attachments

• DSC04992.jpg
    DSC04992.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 1,654
Re: Diver's Direct style two-tank holder.
If you have a set of bands for your tanks, and a couple of dollars worth of insulation foam from Lowe's Home Improvement, it's pretty darn easy to tap the pands into the foam with a rubber mallet and mak a two-tank holder.

VooDoo...

I got to have one of those...! I was thinking about using pool noodles and some bungee but now that I have seen yours... Check is in the mail!!! :)

Actually, are you using grommets in the foam or is that the 100.00 question....?

lee

Iso, The $99.99 is what the government suggested for a startup cost, they said the dive industry will steal this Idea and make millions. Then I get 16% Of every one sold, and 8% when resold, like on here or craigslist.

But since your check is in the mail, here is a start for materials and sizes.

Now you get surgical tubbing and rope to fit inside, then use SS fender washers.
Cut the tube in 6" pieces, perfect for most all tank sizes.

Iso don't reveal this as I will send contract first for you to sign and send back, then you will recieve the official plan documents, with a trademark Iron you will melt in foam, I know there is a lot to this DIY Ways, but I have run out of scuba funds, and this will only be a short time before I own the whole dive industry, In ten years I will sell this product for $72.22.

As a bonus if you take two pieces of pvc pipe and tie rope through drilled holes and desired length, set tanks in then bungie over top, connected to pvc.

Thank you sincerely VD inc.

Attachments

• DSC04998.jpg
    DSC04998.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC04999.jpg
    DSC04999.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 358

Back
Top Bottom