Captain John's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several reports of the dive conditions of Oronogo on Scuba Steves' Midwest Diving Reports

Snagel

I have seen the one report by DW are there others? I am planning to come down next weekend 6/21/08. Anyone know what the weather has been like the last couple of weeks? We have been getting lots of rain in KC but it appears to me SW Missouri has not been hit has bad recently, is my perception correct?

We got a lot of water on Friday (6/13). Springfield had localized flooding, and I am sure others from Highway 60 to Highway 54 received a bunch. I had a friend in Branson on FR and he said the rains weren't terribly bad there.

Sorry that I have not posted a report from the last day of diving (7 June), but I have been very busy with work. I will make sure to post in both places tomorrow night when I get off work.

I will be at Oronogo on the 21st, and will look forward to meeting some of you all from here. What kind of dives are you all looking at doing?

The vis was better on the 7th than it has been for some time. I am sure that the recent rains have hurt things. I have heard that the vis was down this weekend, but it just depends on where you go in the quarry.

Let me know what you have in mind, and I am sure that we can work something out.

DW

I will be at Oronogo on the 21st, and will look forward to meeting some of you all from here. What kind of dives are you all looking at doing?
DW

My wife and I have a trip planned for September to Cozumel and Belize so we are wanting to work on some skills and just dive together again after a long winter. We have logged a few dives in saltwater but this will be our first freshwater dive since certification at Table Rock 18 months ago. I have a new (new to me) dive computer I want to play with and just get familar with using. We would enjoy getting to an area where we can descend to about 50-60 ft and have descent visibility and with something to see. The airplane and horseshoe chimney look like they might be good options for us. We are open to suggestions and look forward to meeting some other people from the board.

I have not been to Oronogo since the 7th, but the conditions seemed to be improving. The water was still high, but the vis was starting to improve. Water temps were as normal: 50-52 at 100'.
The North side had the best vis, since not many people go over there. We were getting around 20' in the area around "The Blue Room". The East side was lower, maybe 10' due to a huge class of OW students. A lot just depends on how many people are there, and where they are diving. Not sure how this last round of rain has affected things.
Most everywhere is messed up right now, from what I understand. I know the places that I have been are pretty hard hit. Hopefully things will clear up soon.

DW

I don't mind at all, sorry that I hadn't gotten it posted over there yet.

DW

Well, I had hoped my wife and I would be coming down on Saturday but the wife is backing out at the last minute. I would really like to do some diving but I am now buddyless, any other loners heading to Oronogo on Saturday?

I have to run the shop on Saturday or I would have joined you. I'll be happy to let you know when I get the weekend off, maybe we can hook up then.

By the way I have a few pictures of the place when it had well above 40 foot viz. Definitely not the normal occurrence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom