Captain Aquas in Dublin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the fact that I live just around the corner from CaptN Aquas in Hayward.... I have never had any problems with them.... James/Andy/Jeff and John are great peeps... James has been a great help with my drysuit with a zipper replacement/pressure testing then I thought it was leaking...

And leave the dog alone... If I had a diveshop it would have the GEIKO lizzard and the BUDWEISER frogs milling about....

I went to the Dublin store for the first time today. The setter was friendly. A really cute dog. The store was neat, clean, well stock, excellent selection, and all items were displayed very well. No traces of any type of smoke or any residual marijuana. I know if I walk in a building were smoking is going on. I was treated very well and I had no intention of buying anything. I was just researching and looking for my next SCUBA purchase. I would describe the store as one I would feel comfortable doing business with and I probably will on my next high end Reg purchase. They really have a good selection of quality gear. The negative descriptions may or may not be correct. Unless I had a first hand knowledge, not hearsay; I would keep it to myself and not try to bad mouth, hurt or destroy a well run business. In fact, I would edit the possible biased or incorrect negative comments from some other person not from personal experience out of my posts.

Umm..I went into the Dublin store when I lived in the area and the owner was standing around with another customer, a male, and he started talking nasty sex talk, stuff that I would have preferred not to have heard at all. I am certain he did it on purpose for me to overhear. I got my fill and got out of there, he made me very uncomfortable. He had previously started a conversation with me about politics and when I said I was neutral on the subject, he insulted me. I eventually took my business to Sport Chalet, to heck with the LDS.

I purchased all my equipment from Captain Aqua, regulator, BC etc.
I had a break in the corrugated inflator hose on the BC and called them.
The person I talked to told me it wasn't replaceable and I would have to but a new assembly for $100.
I quickly called Oceanic and they told me that wasn't correct.
I called other dealers and got the hose replaced for $30.

About a week later I called Captain Aqua to advise them of the mistake.
The person that answered the phone said he was the owner, and before I had a chance to say one word, he HUNG UP!
Thinging we were just disconnected, I called back and asked if we were disconnected, he replied that he hung up and didn't want to talk to me.

THEY JUST LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER!!

I have seen Wheatley, but he is not as pretty as Sue Bird's dog that can be seen around Wallin's from time to time. Perhaps we need to send a dog catcher to these unruly dive shops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom