Capt. Ty - RJ Thompson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z - you'll want gloves and a light. And a dose of Triptone if you haven't tested it yet.

Gloves and light - Check.
And I’ll take your advice on the preventive measure for motion sickness.

Thanks!

And I’ll take your advice on the preventive measure for motion sickness.
Thanks!

You could be one of the many famous Ralphs :D I'd make a list of the famous however, I think they may come hunt me down :wink:

'dood - $10. 32%?

Sold! 32% is good! Thanks Capt Ty!! :14:

So, Let me see if I have all the facts:

Sunday, May 4th
Lighthouse Point Marina on 8610 Bay Pines Blvd
Show at dock btw 6:30-7
Go by 7:30?
Three tank dive
$110 each (+10 for tank rental for me)
40 mile, 3 hr trip to first dive site?
RJ Thompson first wreck of the day
2nd Dive on a wreck TBD
3rd Dive on a reef
Be Back to dock around 4 p.m. (est.)

Wow, what a beeeutiful day offshore! Z certainly picked a great day for his first Gulf trip.

Unfortunately we came up short on crew, got a late start and had to change the game plan. We ended up hitting the Sheridan, Blackthorn and a nice ledge in 70'. The seas were almost flat and the vis was pretty decent - 25' or so.

Maybe we'll put together another RJ trip for next month if anybody is interested.

Thanks again guys!

The big day has come and gone, and what a perfect day on the water! I finally got to meet Capt Ty, Johnny Bravo, Scubahdood and Zardoz. A couple of divers didn't show up, so we decided to dive the Sheridan and Blackthorn. Visibility was 40 to 50 ft on the Sheridan. Zardoz and I got up close and personal with a huge Goliath Grouper, I think he will go 500 lbs easy. We were within ten feet of him and he started getting antsy, so we backed away and left him alone. There was a huge school of Barracuda hanging around and I saw several hogfish on the sand next to the keel.
Visibility was down to 20 to 30 ft on the Blackthorn, We saw a smaller Goliath here, not alot of fish life. I enjoy poking around wrecks anyway, so it was a good dive for me.
We finished off a great day with a dive at Black's and Groves. We didn't see alot of fish here, but it's a very promising looking ledge, that I definitely want to hit again.
This was the first time for me on Ty's boat and I had a great day. Good Capt, and a great boat made a perfect day on the water even better. Thanks Ty, for a great trip. Count me in for next month. :palmtree: Bob

Hey, Capt. Ty... First time we have communicated via SCUBA Board, but I am not unfamiliar to the Barbra Lee!! Let me know when this trip gets rescheduled - schedule permitting, I am definitely interested!!

I had a fantastic introduction to Gulf diving and I’m proud to say I can stay off Miss D’s list of famous Ralphs, for now. Thanks to everyone for helping out with the “new guy”.

I’ll echo Bob’s comments, the weather and water were great and he’s not exaggerating about the Goliath Grouper at the Sheridan, that fish was huge!!

Ty, thanks for the great trip; put me down for a spot next month.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom