Cape Canaveral wreck diving March 1st and 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I will be diving 2 wrecks out of Port Canaveral on Saturday March 1st and Sunday March 2nd. I'll be leaving for PC early Saturday morning and do 2 dives, then we will be staying at the Ron Jon resort 1/4 mile from the boat launch. I have a 1 bedroom unit reserved (sleeps 6). You'll be able to use the pool, hang on the beach, and use various other ammenities while we are there. There are many restaurants in the area. We'll be doing 2 dives Sunday morning then heading back to the Tampa area.

The wrecks we dive will be two of the following.
  • The Leslie
  • The Laertes
  • The Ocean Venus
  • The Damocles
These wrecks average 9 miles off shore and about 80 feet deep. All but the Damocles are true wrecks sunk by German U-boats during WWII. The web site "Diving in depth", the book "Shipwrecks of the sunshine state", and the book "Underwater Florida" all have information on these wrecks.
Costs involved are as follows.

1. (If you ride with me) your share of the gas/tolls for the truck.
2. cost of gas for the boat, split between all the divers on the boat.
3. Cost for the room, split between everyone staying overnight with us. The room cost will be about $200.00 after tax and I can get 4 more people in with me for a total of 6, so $200.00 divided by 6 = $34.00 per person.

Also figure food and air into your costs. You should be able to do this 2 day, 4 dive trip for under $100.00. I have room for 4 more people on this trip.

Not a charter, it's my boat.

Such a bargain! How could I pass it up? Put me on the list. :D

Frog, your on the list. Are you driving over, or do you want to ride with me?

Nereus, I'd like to keep the slots open for anybody coming both days, but if I don't fill the spots with people doing both days your the first one on the list for Saturday.

Both days
1.Narcosis
2.Loudafish
3.Frogman 5

Saturday or Sunday - If all 2 day slots aren't filled
1.Nereus - Saturday

I wish I could look into the future (2/18) and see what my ENT is going to say about my damn ear!!! :confused: Sounds like a great weekend at a great price. I know you will fill up in no time!!! Hopefully the next time around! :14:

Frog, your on the list. Are you driving over, or do you want to ride with me?

Nereus, I'd like to keep the slots open for anybody coming both days, but if I don't fill the spots with people doing both days your the first one on the list for Saturday.

Both days
1.Narcosis
2.Loudafish
3.Frogman 5

Saturday or Sunday - If all 2 day slots aren't filled
1.Nereus - Saturday

No problem, that was my assumption (or if somebody signed up for Sunday only).

The wrecks we dive will be two of the following.
  • The Leslie
  • The Laertes
  • The Ocean Venus
  • The Damocles

These wrecks average 9 miles off shore and about 80 feet deep.

Hi guys-
Just as an FYI, the LESLIE is approximately 20 nm from the port entrance (as the crow flies), the DAMOCLES and OCEAN VENUS are about 16 nm, and the LAERTES is about 13nm. Visibility on these wrecks is highly variable, but typically not great; awesome visibility on these wrecks would be anything better than 30 feet. I would expect the vis to be minimal this time of year, FWIW.
Just offering this as a heads-up. They are big, cool wrecks, and I wouldn't want you to get turned off diving these due to the conditions you are likely to experience this time of year...
Cheers,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom