Cape Canaveral wreck diving March 1st and 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Narcosis are we still doing this trip? God I hope so. By the way I never got an answer on bringing spear gun. I don't really care either way. I just want to go divin. On another note I sent all my dive info to the Aquarium today so hopefully I will hear from them soon to schedule everything. Do I need to go ahead and do the initial volunteer orientation or should I wait until I hear back from them? Sorry I'm hijacking your thread for something else.

Still on so far. I may have to change this to a one day trip though. Ron Jon cancelled my 1 night stay, something about a 3 night minimum during this time of year (Spring break). I'm looking for somewhere else to stay Saturday night so all is not lost yet.

I'd do the volunteer orientation while you wait for the diver orientation. They only hold a few diver orientations a year, and while you wait to get the diver part complete you can try out some of the other cool things you can do as a volly over there. When your done with the regular orientation let me know, I'll put in some time with you and show you around. If you want to go over there before the class I'd be willing to show you around. A Sunday would be best.

BTW, Spear gun is fine

On another note I sent all my dive info to the Aquarium today so hopefully I will hear from them soon to schedule everything. Do I need to go ahead and do the initial volunteer orientation or should I wait until I hear back from them? Sorry I'm hijacking your thread for something else.

Yeah, another Flaq vol diver!! Cool!

Now back to the regularly scheduled topic! Move on....nothing more to see on this post. Yes, I'm a :dork2:

I don't care where we dive. ... I have never done blue springs so I'm good with that.

you probably already know,:eyebrow: but Blue Springs (Orange City / Volusia Co) is closed to divers/snorkelers/ swimmers, until sometime in March (depending on last manatee's departure).:(

So, what's the latest on the trip?

Ok, Good news and bad news.

Good News:
The 2 wrecks we'll be doing:
The Laertes
The Ocean Venus
Their both about 70 feet down and under 20 miles out.

2. The NOAA weather reports 1 to 2 footers forecast for this Saturday. If that holds or stays close to that we should be good to go weather wise.

Bad News:
1. I got boned on the hotel reservation, so this is only going to be a one day dive.
2. To fit enough dive gear on the boat to do 2 - 2 tank dives in one day ( or what ever # you plan on doing ) I have to cut 2 spots. Loudafish already volunteered to give up his spot. Could I get a volunteer for the 2nd spot?

Yeah, another Flaq vol diver!! Cool!

Now back to the regularly scheduled topic! Move on....nothing more to see on this post. Yes, I'm a :dork2:
Another FLAQ diver checkin' in!!! The wife and I are doing our AP2 dive this weekend.

Ok, Good news and bad news.

Good News:
The 2 wrecks we'll be doing:
The Laertes
The Ocean Venus
Their both about 70 feet down and under 20 miles out.

2. The NOAA weather reports 1 to 2 footers forecast for this Saturday. If that holds or stays close to that we should be good to go weather wise.

Bad News:
1. I got boned on the hotel reservation, so this is only going to be a one day dive.
2. To fit enough dive gear on the boat to do 2 - 2 tank dives in one day ( or what ever # you plan on doing ) I have to cut 2 spots. Loudafish already volunteered to give up his spot. Could I get a volunteer for the 2nd spot?

Did you check with hotels.com :ne_nau:

I'm thinking of putting an additional day trip together for the 15th of March to kinda make up for the 2nd day. Who ever volunteers to drop off this trip is rock solid for the 15th.....

We could put you on that roster too MissD...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom