Cape Canaveral wreck diving March 1st and 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey are we bringing spearguns for this trip? Maybe shoot dinner for the night we are staying there?

Brother this crew here would dive in a mud puddle with 0 viz if it registered on the dive computer. 30 Feet of vis would be outstanding.
By the way Narcosis I'm gonna check with the warden to see how she feels about me doing this one. If she gives me the go ahead I will let you know. Yes I'm whooped and I know it.:wink:

Like I said, 30 foot is when its good. Like after long periods of calm weather, etc., in the summer. Canaveral conditions are extremely unpredictable. A few years ago we had 50-60 feet of vis on a wreck north of the shoals and then came to the LESLIE which is only a few miles away and had maybe 8-10 feet of vis. This time of year if you get 10 feet you will be lucky.
They are cool wrecks though. They are broken down with large amounts of debris, so it might good to run a reel to navigate the site and get back to the anchorline.

Well if all else fails we are only about an hour or so north of West Palm and there has to be a swimming pool around there somewhere so we will find a way to get wet.

I think I'll put a back-up plan together in case seas are more than 2 or 3 feet. There isn't much we can do for the vis because obviously we won't know what that is until we splash.

West Palm seems to have some really kickin diving, but I think it's a bit far to drag the boat to Cape Canavaril, then south to WPB. For what I'll spend in gas I could just drive my car down and jump on a charter.

Other than Blue Springs is there any in-land diving between Orlando and the coast?

I don't care where we dive. If we have to do a back up because of bad weather then so be it. I have never done blue springs so I'm good with that. I think there are some shore dives down in the Vero area but I'm not sure. I have the dive book so I will try to look later and let you know.

Both days
1.Narcosis
2.Loudafish
3.Frogman 5
4.Git-R-Dun Diver
5.CO Tampa
6.Cudachaser

Saturday or Sunday or both days - If all 2 day slots aren't filled or someone backs out.
1.Nereus - Saturday
2.JerymeHunter - Both days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom