Cape Ann 7/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Ducked out of work early for a couple dives. I decided on Lanes Cove. I arrived around 5ish so went in at low tide. The seas were completely flat. The vis in the shallows was sort of "foggy/hazy" but once went down below a visible thermocline at 25 fsw, the vis cleared up to about 25 feet. It was the oddest thing.

Water temp at surface is 57 and at depth (53 fsw), the temp was 51 degrees. Along the wall where the sand starts, I came across a couple sea scallops. The first time ever coming across them there. Saw a couple Sea Ravens, a Striper and the first Dogfish of the season.

I got Lanes Cove out of my system for a while. Need to expand my repetoire and try other sites.

p.s. It was a 4 Golf ball dive. One of which looked as if it was chewed and has teeth marks! I now have quite the collection of golf balls have found in the ocean.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom