Canucks rule the Wings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lightning Fish:
When did you get back and how was the trip?

By the way, dream on! Thread change,... I believe you tried that once. :D

Bill.
Trip was really good, lots of really cool critters, probably needed another week or so to find everything I was looking for, but there is always next year I guess. I've been home since the 1st of Dec, but I've been a little distracted...but I'm back full time now just to taunt you guys :D Did ya miss me??? I never did get to rub it in how badly we beat the Avs while I was gone!!

Lightning Fish:
By the way, dream on! Thread change,... I believe you tried that once. :D

Bill.

Oh, it will change, trust me on this .... "when" we finally beat you of course. :wink:

Hey Jon.....you know what tonight is, right?? :D

GAME ON!!

GO STARS!!

dallas_stars2.jpg
vs.
34-28903-m.jpg

OK, congratulations Jon and Jennifer -- you guys got us again :frown:

Hmmmmmmmmm....it says NA below Jennifer's name. I wonder if she's been naughty?

Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=8747&hubname=

My [conservative] comments: At least Spezza and McCabe got reserved. I would have given Doan's spot to Spezza. Hopeful news is if Nash continues to be injury prone, Spezza has a good chance to be called (I have nothing against Staal, it's just that the chemistry between Heatley and Spezza is already known so I think Spezza is the more logic choice. Oh, and I have nothing against Nash as well). I would have given Foote's spot to McCabe. I am satisfied with their goaltender picks. I have no qualms with Bertuzzi on the list - he will be vital down low. Even the nay sayers will agree with this when we see him in action at Torino (unless you're not rooting for Canada).

chip104:
Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=8747&hubname=

My [conservative] comments: At least Spezza and McCabe got reserved. I would have given Doan's spot to Spezza. Hopeful news is if Nash continues to be injury prone, Spezza has a good chance to be called (I have nothing against Staal, it's just that the chemistry between Heatley and Spezza is already known so I think Spezza is the more logic choice. Oh, and I have nothing against Nash as well). I would have given Foote's spot to McCabe. I am satisfied with their goaltender picks. I have no qualms with Bertuzzi on the list - he will be vital down low. Even the nay sayers will agree with this when we see him in action at Torino (unless you're not rooting for Canada).

I completely agree with the exception of McCabe. This guy is a one dimensional moron with a hard shot. He's a defensive liability that if he was on any other team but the Maple Leafs, would be floundering in obscurity. The Leafs defense is so bad that he makes the first unit, and with the press coverage in Toronto, he's being talked up like a Norris candidate. at +1, he's 113th in the league for defenseman. Phaneuf would have been a much better member of the taxi squad.

Hey Colby, I do agree that Phaneuf would have been a better choice than Foote.

The reason why I pick McCabe over Foote is because McCabe is excellent on the special teams and his puckhandling skills are better. His +/- rating is construed cause 10/13 goals of his have been PPG. Plus he also has the same tenacity as Foote but you're right, maybe not the most disciplined defensemen.

And why I picked McCabe over Phanuef (all IMO):
* Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a little bias towards McCabe :) (plus I've never seen Phaneuf play)
* I can't remember where I heard this from, but I read that Calgary rookie's defensive zone coverage still needs work. This was a large part of why I wouldn't want him on international ice. If this is just hearsay, I probably would still want McCabe cause:
* McCabe has proven to play well in big games (think playoffs Leafs vs. Ottawa :14:) while Phaneuf has yet to complete his first NHL year. McCabe's a safer bet and I'm sure the committee took that into consideration. His special teams ability definitely helped him out.

Actually Phaneuf has played a lot of International play and was a force at the World Junior's last year. He is having a phenomenal season in a small market team. The teams in the West are better than the Eastern teams, and Calgary is up near the top.

McCabe's effectiveness on the special teams, read power play, has been negated since teams have figured out how to play him. Toronto's PP has slipped in recent weeks.

He was effective in the playoffs against Ottawa because he was allowed to drap himself over the other team's skilled players. Ottawa didn't have the big guys to deal with him, and with the rule changes and Ottawa's size and change of play, Toronto is not fairing very well. McCabe is slow, and now that he can't grab or pitchfork everyone, his defensive liabilities are rampant. He looks like a big pylon in his own end. He only made the taxi squad because of the media circus in Toronto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom