Canucks rule the Wings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedtim:
Hey, I am in LA on vacation right now. There is a lack of NHL reporting here, but I heard that the Sens handed the Maple Lafs a big can of whooop a@# last night.

That was out of frustration from being shut out at home by the Stars.

2-bit

You betcha Tedtim, was nice to see the Buds get their butts kicked hard by the Sens...and Spezza came back and got me 3 points...

So why does Vancouver wipe the floor with the Eastern Conf yet still can't beat anyone from our own division?? How annoying...

tedtim:
The biggest complaint that I have about the NHL is that we don't get to see a number of the teams. They should make it so that teams play at least each other once at home and once on the road each season.

It used to be like that. Then someone had the brilliant idea that we, the paying fans, don't really want to see all the teams. These numbers could be slightly wrong, but as an example, over 50% of Minnesota's first 25 games were against two or three different teams. How's that for excitment?

Yep, the schedule needs to be revamped, back to the way it used to be. They can still create excitement by loading division and conference games at the end of the season, similar to what they did after the strike in 94/95.

Well, gotta go. I'm being nailed for a phantom hooking call.

Cheers,
Bill.

Lightning Fish:
It used to be like that. Then someone had the brilliant idea that we, the paying fans, don't really want to see all the teams. These numbers could be slightly wrong, but as an example, over 50% of Minnesota's first 25 games were against two or three different teams. How's that for excitment?

More like excrement and sounds like MLB. The big problem is similar to what they have experienced in the NFL. When there are a bunch of good teams all in one division, the results are skewed.

I don't think that it had as much to do with the paying fans as the cost of travel.

Too bad we have to wait for the playoffs to see these teams again.

tedtim:
I don't think that it had as much to do with the paying fans as the cost of travel.

I know. Considering the bags of money involved with professional sports, I don't accept travel costs as an acceptable excuse for the current schedule. Especially considering that some teams still have to travel a good distance to play teams in their own conference.

I've always found this interesting. In 1994 the Rangers travelled about 1000 km during the first three rounds of the playoffs. A lot of their travels would be by subway or on a bus and always staying in their time zone. In comparison, Vancouver had travelled about 10,000 km during the first three rounds of the playoffs. All by plane and always outside of their time zone.

Vancouver played Edmonton last Saturday, play Edmonton tonight, Calgary Friday and again (lets emphasize AGAIN) on Monday. Let's get some different teams in here and show off some different talent.

Cheers,
Bill.

Mike Veitch:
Especially when we can't beat the teams in our own division!?!?!?

Bring on those Senators and those Red Wings!!!

Unfortunately, it will be the Stanley Cup final before the Senators play the Canucks again this season.

Yeah but we get the Canucks at home on Jan 26th...and the name of this thread will change!!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Yeah but we get the Canucks at home on Jan 26th...and the name of this thread will change!!

When did you get back and how was the trip?

By the way, dream on! Thread change,... I believe you tried that once. :D

Bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom