can't edit lowercase to uppercase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotical

perpetual student
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
More of a nuisance than a serious problem, but the edit function ignores my attempts to change lowercase letters to upper case. e.g. in a recent post, I tried to change Padi to PADI, but it just leaves it as Padi. Further info, I had drafted the post in my word processor with PADI as all caps. Somewhere after I pasted it into the thread, it changed to Padi.

More of a nuisance than a serious problem, but the edit function ignores my attempts to change lowercase letters to upper case. e.g. in a recent post, I tried to change Padi to PADI, but it just leaves it as Padi. Further info, I had drafted the post in my word processor with PADI as all caps. Somewhere after I pasted it into the thread, it changed to Padi.

That's because PADI was the only text you had in that post outside of the quote. Vbulletin is set up so that you can't make your entire post out of upper case letters to avoid the "yelling" perception. Change your post to read "From PADI" instead of just PADI: and it should work.

You can also use invisible letters, too. Change a lower case letter in the message to color=white.

DC

Does anybody else think it's hilarious that vBulletin is protecting us from virtual yelling (vYelling?)?

We used to get these first time posters who wrote ALL IN CAPS. Those posts inevitably led to a pissing match where users would berate the poor noob for offending them by yelling. This is a great alternative.

That's because PADI was the only text you had in that post outside of the quote. Vbulletin is set up so that you can't make your entire post out of upper case letters to avoid the "yelling" perception. Change your post to read "From PADI" instead of just PADI: and it should work.
Cool ! That worked. It also allowed me to change the first letter inside the quote back to upper case. Learn something new every day.
thanks

Well, now I realize why the titles to my Dive Dry columns always look so dumb. Why VBulletin coverts a capital that is the first letter of a word is beyond me though.

I'm guessing because it was the next letter after PADI, so it appeared to be continuing the "shouting".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom