Can't dive due to wind in Belize - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right Shaka...when life gives you lemons......

Humz..what to do if you can't dive while in Ambergris Caye, San Padro? Lots of day tours to the mainland you can do...zoo, cave tubing, see the ruins. Or go find a bar stool at B.C.'s an enjoy a Belikin:)
I can't wait to go back to Belize...will not be soon enough.

zahner:
the wind here has been relentless since we landed thursday, so far all of our dives have been cancelled, save for a one-tank dive w/ so-so vis at Hol Chan. Has this happened to anyone else? are there any dive sites that are usable when the wind is blowing like this?

That freakin sucks. I know I would be bummed out. Sorry.

Alex

I feel your pain. I'd have a couple/few drinks at Fido's and then rent a golf cart and see the island. As you go south, there's a lagoon where you can feed the crocs. Personally I'd just watch other crazy people feed the crocs. There's always the land based tours as others have suggested. I'd sit through the timeshare pres too if you can get a free week.

Last resort... get to know One Barrel

gdenny:
I feel your pain.

Don't feel too much of it. The original poster got back home yesterday. They are, at this moment, probably drinking GREEN BEER.

Happy St Paddy's Day.

We just got off the Nekton Pilot in Belize yesterday. We were able to make 3 - 4 dives every day. Seas were a bit UP the first 2 days so the boat hung out on the leeweard side of the outer islands but by Wednesday we went anywhere we wanted to go and had great diving.

'Slogger

thanks for all the suggestions everyone! ultimately we ended doing a Mayan ruin tour at Lamanai on the Saturday. Sunday was a washout again for diving. Monday things kicked in, we went out to Turneffe and got three dives in. The dive boat got trashed coming back over the barrier reef. We almost had to stop at Caye Caulker and wait for another boat, but ultimately managed to limp in. Tuesday we had Blue Hole scheduled with another operator, but it got cancelled under some shady circumstances (I suspect they heard about our boat indicident and decided to stay local) So Tuesday we got in two local sites, wife got bitten by a nurse shark :eek:. Doctor glued her finger up and Wednesday we did Blue Hole but skipped the third dive since we were flying Thursday. Ultimately we had a great time, but more stress than expected w/ scheduling. The staff at Blue Tang Inn were super helpful in that regard. I am glad that we booked the dive package though them rather with a dive operator, we met a number of people who got screwed by cancellations.

Terence

Wow - drama, adventure, and some incredible stories to tell! Hope your wife's recovering. Happy trails...

Yeah, I got stuck with a lousy Op when I was there a couple of years ago. There were two good ones then, but things change - I hope they're stlll good.

I got to ask...?
The dive boat got trashed coming back over the barrier reef.
Your boat skipper hit the reef?! :11: He doesn't know where the channels are? :confused:

...wife got bitten by a nurse shark
Uh, how did that happen? Do hope she sees a local MD Monday. He may have some good ideas about preventing infection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom