Can't dive due to wind in Belize - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We wanted to use Amigos, since I had heard about Aqua Dives boats being inadequate for the long rides, but we had a package with Aqua. I didn't realize HOW inadequate they were until I was actually out there. We were sore for 2 days...

Originally Posted by Ayisha
...the Aqua Dives boat was REALLY inadequate for the open sea. On the long excursions to Turneffe and the Blue Hole, the ride was extremely rough and nearly unbearable. We were crashing down hard in the waves, tanks were flying out from their ridiculous plastic-armed holders, so they put the tanks under the seats. A couple of people had bruises from tanks flying out from under the seats. Some part of the boat fell off near the top of the boat, and they reattached it. The seats were hard benches, so we grabbed life jackets to sit on - made it a little better. The boat we took to Turneffe (2 hours each way) did not even have a head on it. For the close local dives, though, the boat was fine.
Yep, that's the cheap bid Op I know from my trip. I was on a boat like Zahner's with a head, but it was still lousy. My trip report thrashed them pretty hard.

zahner:
Ayisha, that describes our Turneffe trip w/ Aqua Dives exactly down to tanks falling out of their holders and sitting on the life jackets. That boat is in need of some serious repair, but I bet they patch it up and put it right back out there.

we did Blue Hole w/ Amigos Del Mar and it was a world of difference.
Their boats are not fit for divers. I couldn't think of the name before, but Amigos is one of the two best there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom