Cancun to Cozumel by air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the name of the airline that flies from Cancun to Cozumel? Which terminal do they operate out of? How much have you paid for one way ticket?

thanks,

rich Hagelin

mayair.com.mx

I believe it is the old Terminal 1. Possibly called the FBO terminal

45-50 US. You have to negotiate. Send them an email with what you want.

It used to be Terminal 1. I don't know if the old terminal is still out there, but you do use the brand spanking new FBO terminal now. Fancy home to the private jet crowd.

Reportedly you want to see a Lomas rep to get a ride there from Terminal 2 or 3.

I used them them this past january. I bought the tickets at the counter on the day of travel. I paid about $28 for a one way from coz to cun.

Seriously? $28? Do I have big dumb gringo stamped on my head?

Once, when we had a flight cancelled coming home, we bought tickets at the counter. Even then it cost me 40-couple.

Oh, Mayair is tied in with Lomas, turquoise and white outfits. They haul you free of charge between the FBO and whatever terminal you are leaving or arriving at. Much better than the packed sweaty free airport bus.

Current prices are $63usd unless you can prove that you are a resident or you have a MX Credit card

If you can prove you are a resident or have a MX card, it is $498 pesos ($38-$40usd)

I just did this last week and will be doing it again tomorrow.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I'll ask anyway.

How long does it take to fly? including going through security, being at the airport at the recommended time before the flight, etc.

In other words, how much time does it save over a 1 hour ferry ride?

nimoh, you also have to consider the schedule of both the ferry, ADO bus or similar and that of Mayair. Mayair flights are about three hours apart from either airport.

Current prices are $63usd unless you can prove that you are a resident or you have a MX Credit card

If you can prove you are a resident or have a MX card, it is $498 pesos ($38-$40usd)

I just did this last week and will be doing it again tomorrow.

Uh, no. I just booked 3 tickets for this month at 49.00US. Do it by email or chat.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I'll ask anyway.

How long does it take to fly? including going through security, being at the airport at the recommended time before the flight, etc.

In other words, how much time does it save over a 1 hour ferry ride?

nimoh, you also have to consider the schedule of both the ferry, ADO bus or similar and that of Mayair. Mayair flights are about three hours apart from either airport.

HA, 15-20 minute flight and you cant check in much before 30 minutes before the flight. The missus got antsy once and we got to CZM 45 minutes. Stood at the check in counter for 15 minutes.

And the savy locals showed up 5-10 minutes before boarding.

Oh and there a 9 and 11 running czm to cun. There are others, but those are the two we use.

Back
Top Bottom