Cancun to Cozumel Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both companies have some older boats still in use, kind of luck of the draw.

I keep looking to get on the fancy new Ultramar and get the first class tickets and see what that deal is.

I keep looking to get on the fancy new Ultramar and get the first class tickets and see what that deal is.
This is from May. I got on one of the new ships with a regular ticket and the crew didn't seem to care what section you sat in.

Have done the "bag drag" twice this year with no issues. Actually, I kind of enjoy it :) There is more recent information than this hanging around here somewhere... Enjoy the ride...

I kind of enjoy it too! For starters, the price & frequency of flights is much better from SFO to CUN. And when I emerge from the plane & feel that tropical air I'm officially "here". The bus is cheap & reliable. I usually stay a couple days at a budget hotel in PdC to regroup, walk to the beach & look around town. Taking a tricyclo rickshaw ride from the ADO station to my hotel is a ritual and downright fun. The ferry over to Coz is a good boat ride. It's all part of the adventure. The main thing about the bag drag is scheduling your flight home later in the day, so you can ferry/bus to the airport without anxiety. I just got a SWest credit card + a bunch of free miles, so will be testing that out for the next trip. They fly to CUN + free bags! :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom