Cancun in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psinyc

Reaction score
we'll be in cancun/cozumel next week. any suggestions for this time of year? is this a good time to see the whale sharks up north? also, is a 3/2 full wetsuit warm enough for first week in July? finally, how is the mayan aquatic dive shop?

thanks.

If you are in the Yucatan, there are regular tours offered to go snorkeling with whale sharks. Dives are a different story and you may be better off hiring a private boat to take you where the sharks are feeding in the morning. If you are up for snorkeling, whichiever comapany you decide to book with, make sure they display their license number on their website and offer cancelation and rescheduling money back policies. For more info you can visit the Swim With Whale Sharks website.

Have fun planning your adventures in paradise,
Eric

Mayan Aqua Dive is a great operation. I recommend them very highly to everyone. The whale shark trip is a must see because it's seasonal. The rest of the stuff can be fit in. Your profile has no indication of experience, so I wouldn't be recommending cenotes. But you can do it all through Ben. Drop him an email and customize a package. You'll love the op and the people. Great people! Ben is okay, too....:D

Ciao, mate!

We just retuned from Cancun, was there June 8th - 14th. Me and 17yr old son are new to diving and have very few dives in our logbook. We chose Mayan Aqua Dive due to the great recommendations from Scuba Board. We were not disappointed. One day we done a wreck and reef dive, there were only 7 divers and they provided 2 dive masters which done a GREAT job naking sure we were safe. Seen a great number of fish includeing a 200 lb Jew Fish guarding his boat as well as several nurse sharks, mora ells and many things I had no idea what was. The next day my son and I done a Cenote dive in Playa Del Carmen ( Choc Mool ) It was just us two and and dive master. We had never done a cave dive but wasn't worried at all since the DM made us very comfortable. I don't know who is the cheapest in Cancun, maybe Mayan and may not. I did not check pricing, I was wanting a safe, good operation that others had used and now I to can recommend them. You will not be sorry. If you do go Tell Ben Dale and Will from Alabama says Hi and we will see him next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom