Canceled Mid Week Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Arrived at the dive site this morning at 8:00 am, 2 blocks south Commercial Blvd ( Anglin Pier ) . The water was flat, air temperatue was 74 degrees with a very mild breeze. While waiting for other diver(s), thought the conditions were perfect and we were in for a great beach dive. Waited until 8:30 am and no one showed up. Not being a SOLO diver I aborted dive at 8:31 am, loaded my gear back into the vehicle and returned home.

Lesson learned : Make better communications with people, get positive committments. Give my cell number out .

Happy Holidays and looking forward to diving with ya'll in the near future.
Joe

So sorry to hear that no one showed up. I wasn't in on it since I live up in O-town. Defintely work on the communication thing as that is a huge help. I even work it out that way for dives out in Cali. Good luck next time & maybe I'll post for a south FL dive next time I'm down that way.

Happy Holidays!

Yeah, I have learned the hard way too, to just assume that just because somebody says they are gonna be there; to assume that they will actually arrive... and on time! Thank God for cellphones and the ability to let others know that you can't make it or you will be late...

For me, its a matter of dive ettiquete and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Better luck next time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom