Canada wins the Olympics!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a game! I really feel for the USA! They gave it one h*ll of a go!
Canada Rules!

It was the first hockey game I've watched in decades (used to be a Chicago Black Hawks fan in my youth). The goal at the end of the third quarter was great, but of course Team Canada won. Congratulations.

A friend of mine on Facebook posted that if the Canadians lost, they might declare war on the US. I replied that if they won that, we'd finally get health care!

I thought it was somewhat ironic that we played an overtime period (basically, a 4th period) against the US.

I'm pretty sure most US viewers fully expected there to be a "4th quarter" and saw nothing unusual about it...aside from the fact that it ended rather abruptly before time ran out.

:rofl3:

Flashbacks to 2002 :thumb:

Canada wins the Olympics!!!

Technically the U.S. won the Olympics by total medal count. Canada won by Gold medal count.
Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. United States 9 15 13 37
2. Germany 10 13 7 30
3. Canada 14 7 5 26

Yeah, lets see, this whole Olympic games where about Canada having "home field" advantage. They built insanely difficult courses for many of the sports, and at least twice had to make course changes because of safety. Then they limited the use of the facilities to outside athletes. If we can't beat them, lets try to kill them. Oh wait, they did kill one :( All that for only 3 sliding sports medals.

The US hockey was the best team in the tournament. We just beat Canada on the wrong night. Both teams where 5-1, it could have gone either way. And for Hockey to be such a Canadian sport there are only 6 out of 30 NHL teams in Canada.

So congrats to Canada, enjoy the hockey gold, we will take our 37 medals home, the real winners of the Olympics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom