Glad to be here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have not been able to get underwater since before the shutdown in 2020.
I had just been cleared by a DAN M.D. two weeks prior.
All of my gear is currently being serviced.
Any recommendations on and affordable and easy place to get back inn the water sometime around late February?
Lake Michigan is still a little cold around then, if not frozen.

Welcome back to diving! If you're o.k. with drift diving, it's hard to beat Cozumel for affordability -- you can either fly into Cozumel directly or sometimes you might find really cheap flights to Cancun, and you can do the "bag drag" (shuttle or bus to Playa del Carmen, then fast ferry over to Cozumel). I usually don't even get a rental car for trips to Cozumel, because some dive ops will pick you up, and in any event taxis are pretty cheap (as long as you ask the price before you get in). I'd suggest getting a package deal for hotel and diving through one of the good dive ops like Tres Pelicanos. Lots of good and fairly cheap restaurants within an easy walk from the main part of town (Centro), so no real need to do all-inclusive.

Thank you!
I am really looking forward to getting back in the water!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your trip report. 😀

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom