Canada flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know when the COVID testing at Pearson airport for returning citizens and the 3 day gov quarantine will go into affect? With a bonus cost of $2500.

I shudder at the mental image of ushering every single passenger into buses to be shuttled off to a government controlled facility.

I shudder at the mental image of ushering every single passenger into buses to be shuttled off to a government controlled facility.

I appreciate the irony. But as a Canadian I have no sympathy for those who were in denial about the risks and had been warned that harsher travel restrictions were coming.

The variants have not appeared out of thin air. They were carried by returning travelers.

I appreciate the irony. But as a Canadian I have no sympathy for those who were in denial about the risks and had been warned that harsher travel restrictions were coming.

The variants have not appeared out of thin air. They were carried by returning travelers.
Looks like people that have big house parties in Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge are find less. The liberal government taking the easy route instead of cracking down on the real problem.

I don't think those Canadians are too concerned about the risks of the VIRUS but rther the draconian reactions. Variants appear with every virus, always. That's how biology works.

The reality is the only way this doesn't spread is if everyone stays home period, no work, no grocery shopping. The only people allowed to leave are those doing grocery delivery and they must get tested every few days to insure they don't spread it, which is the only way to get groceries.

Totally not practical to do, as long as people are shopping there is a path for this and other diseases to spread. So we just have to be smart which for a lot people is also not possible.

Yes... because they are told "this is what we will do to control the pandemic!" and then the pandemic doesn't seem to be controlled. So the reasoning continues... we need more restrictions!

It's like when the volcano rumbled and the people decided the gods were angry, and only sacrifices of many chickens would appease the gods. So a hundred chickens were sacrificed... but the volcano still rumbled. So what was the response? SaCrIFiCe MoRe ChIcKeNs!!!

Yup. Crazy thing is that everyone will admit the volcano & chickens story is silly. But...
Well, yes. The volcano and chickens story is about people making decisions without any data other than anecdotal observations with a very small sample size and with very limited understanding of how the universe works.

I'm not blaming population density. I'm just acknowledging it is a major contributing factor. There's a reason New York was hit so hard in the early days, and it wasn't because New Yorkers were uncooperative. My original point was that assigning the difference between Canada's 51 and the US's 131 entirely to policy and restrictions is misplaced. Other factors equal, areas with higher population density will have more efficient virus spread and a proportionally higher death rate.
It's natural for people to look for the silver bullet, the single variable that totally controls a situation, but in this case it doesn't exist. Couple that with the fact that we cannot accurately evaluate the results of measures not taken and you get what we have.

Really? What did they appear out of?

Back
Top Bottom