Canada flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see this working because when the Passport gets scanned it's going to show where they've been & for how long. Once the agent sees that info he or she is going to get very curious & the answers to the questions had better be VERY good.

Wrong. There are different rules for land crossings vs air. Doesn't matter where you travel in world you have the right of re-entry to Canada if you are a Canadian citizen. That is why if you arrive at the land border without a covid test they will do a rapid one at the border. THEY CANNOT refuse you. These rights are enshrined in the Charter no matter how inconvenient it might be to some.

All Trudeau did was make a deal with the domestic airlines to stop travel to sun destinations and charge people $2-3K for a 3 day stay. It's all preparation for a possible election. Which he will probably win and get away with. Hundreds of billions in free cash buys a lot of votes.

I know we have the right to re enter & I also know they have the ability to arrest & detain us. Other than this I'm just going to watch how it all plays out in the next few weeks because none of it affects me personally. I'm staying home & have from day 1 except for necessary purchases.

Compliance and enforcement
Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada or failing to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:

• 6 months in prison and/or
  • $750,000 in fines
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:

• a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
  • imprisonment of up to 3 years or
  • both
The Contraventions Act gives police (including the RCMP, provincial and local police) more power to enforce the Quarantine Act. They can issue tickets to people who don't comply with the act or the emergency orders. Fines range from $275 to $1,000.

Compliance and enforcement
Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada or failing to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:

• 6 months in prison and/or
  • $750,000 in fines
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:

• a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
  • imprisonment of up to 3 years or
  • both
The Contraventions Act gives police (including the RCMP, provincial and local police) more power to enforce the Quarantine Act. They can issue tickets to people who don't comply with the act or the emergency orders. Fines range from $275 to $1,000.
So far they haven’t been enforcing. Up till now it been managed on the honour system. Go figure.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This has gone on long enough. Based on current epidemiologic data, it appears that the insidious, highly infectious, and increasingly widespread 'Cozumel Forum Political Rant Virus (CFPRV)' has infected this thread. So, it is time to 'mask up'. This thread is now Closed to further replies.

The original focus of the thread is / was simple - to announce a decision to limit air travel between Canada and Mexico: All Canadian Airlines are cancelling flights to Mexico and Caribbean until At least April 30th. Useful information. If there is a desire to discuss global politics (one of the classic signs of CFPRV infection), take it to The Pub.

ADDENDUM: There has been clean-up performed. The thread is being re-opened for continued discussion of the topic - limits placed on air travel between Canada and Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom