Canada flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northerndivermike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Cue music: "The March Scramble". Originally released in March 2020. Can't dance to it, but it gets you moving just the same.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced all Canadian travellers returning from overseas will have to take a COVID-19 test at the airport when they land and quarantine in a designated hotel for three days at their own expense while they await results.

He says that’s expected to cost more than $2000.

I didn't realize Canadian hotels were so expensive... $2000 for three days?

For that kind of money, y'all could just stay in Cozumel for a couple months instead.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced all Canadian travellers returning from overseas will have to take a COVID-19 test at the airport when they land and quarantine in a designated hotel for three days at their own expense while they await results.

He says that’s expected to cost more than $2000.

I didn't realize Canadian hotels were so expensive... $2000 for three days?

The cost is mostly certainly intended as a deterrent. But according to the Minister of Public Safety (US Equivalent of DHS) the cost will cover testing, transportation, keeping hotel staff safe etc. Again, however, it is intended to make folks think twice about discretionary travel and the heightened risk posed by the COVID variants.

Might be a bit too late....
Depending on how the day ends and which side of the trade you are on there could be an opportunity to buy your own Airline and schedule daily flights direct to CZM

Currently it is not possible to fly direct Toronto- Cozumel until November

If I was Canadian I'd fly to a US northern border city and walk across.

Well if you did that you'd be refused entry into the US & get a less than happy attitude as you walked back to Canadian Customs & Immigration. My sister has been trying to enter the US for months to try to settle my late brothers estate. Even that isn't considered "essential travel" at a road crossing. She can fly in to do it but her husband can't go with her as he's not the executor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom