Can you name the fish or the place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya'll decide---maybe whats best for Cheryl since she is employed that day.

I am running out of wreck shots! Boy I really liked the "wings scoop" justleesa. I would like to get over to see that. I did not know about that! That would be a cool DiveMaster map project.(use a compass heading, give directions)
View attachment 27581
Okay, name the wreck OR the type of coral growing around the hole.

A fish, okay two.
View attachment 27582

View attachment 27583

question for justleesa: Is this the same freckled snake eel?View attachment 27584

leafy scorpionfish. the colorful faced one: is it an arc-eye hawkfish? and the one for justleesa- I don't think that is a freckled snake eel seeing as how they live in the sand. Don't know where they go otherwise, but I don't think that is one. You're right- that is a question for justleesa.

Melissa

nope, I'd say that it is a Stout Moray. The come in light and dark versions...this being the light one.

And the coral on the porthole looks like the coral that covers the YO and Sam is researching....Think its White Hydra coral, not typical for Hawaii. I'd say it is a picture of the porthole on the Mahi.

Did you know that the leaf scorpions shead their skin, thus change color?

As for #3...you gave the answer for the other fish yourself Catherine, but putting it in the name of the file :blush: it appears when you hover over the picture with the mouse :wink:

hmmm...the book says the FSE lives in sand....I'll check with john to make sure

hey, I looked up the name of the fish in my handy dandy fish book. Didn't know it was added with the picture. I will cheat from now on. JK.

I'll go upstairs and send you some pictures leesa.

Melissa

Yes, porthole on the Mahi. I thought it was snowflake coral an alien introduction.

I'm outta wreck shots.

catherine96821:
I thought it was snowflake coral an alien introduction.

Ya know, that might be the commen name and/or I might be wrong :06:

HEY!!! I finally know one.

Atlantis submarine, dragon eel....................................Now don't you feel better that you can post with "the big girls?"

where is Becky, she has a camera. BECKY????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom