Can you name the fish or the place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leesa-

that last pic of yours - it looks like an eel that Dan Wong once showed us - it had a weird name - snake eel - crocodile eel - or something like that. Is that it?

catherine96821:
hmmm, looks like a fuselage but airplane on the west side is upside down and I do not remember any portions sticking up like that.

nope, it's not out west :D

chepar:
leesa-

that last pic of yours - it looks like an eel that Dan Wong once showed us - it had a weird name - snake eel - crocodile eel - or something like that. Is that it?

yes, it is a freckled Snake Eel

I never saw one of those! The wreck....off Oahu, right? Is it the one off Kailua? near Bellows?

catherine96821:
I never saw one of those! The wreck....off Oahu, right? Is it the one off Kailua? near Bellows?

Catherine,

You have never seen the freckled snake eel? They are all over out at E.Beach. They are pretty fast at sucking back into the hole. I haven't seen one out of the sand too far (all of its head and just a little of the body). If you hover over one it will stay out until you move. When they stick their heads out they move their jaws like they are gasping for air. Must be the way they feed???

Leesa- you have me stumped with the wreck. I don't believe I have ever seen it. I have only been to Airplane Canyon, Corsair and shipwrecks.

It is called Wings and it off the stern of the YO. Not many people know its there....it can only be visited on days with 0 current and excellent vis. Once you get to the bottom you will find a trail of bricks...follow the bricks and in about 2 or 3 minutes you'll hit the wings (2 sets of wings). It will shorten your dive immensely, but fun to see something different. It is also visited by the atlantis submarine. Depth is about 110'

Thanks KidK9!!

Leopard eel at E beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom