Can women do double tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course girls can't dive doubles, 'cause it's ain't 'dainty'. :shakehead

I'll be sure to point that out the the woman who helped pull my sorry *** out of the surf zone at Veteran's Park (Redondo Beach, CA) as I was floundering with my doubles on. Oh, by the way, she was wearing doubles too.

On second thought, maybe I won't. She just might toss my sorry *** back in! :11:

Ray

P.S. How many times does the thread have to come back from the dead before it's considered a zombie?

Short answer: No. Women cannot use double tanks.
Women will die and disintegrate on contact.
When they are within visual range of a set of doubles the following sympthoms will occur - This is in order of best to worst case scenario - best case scenario first:
Blindness;
Loss of hearing;
Decreased endocrine functioning;
Loss of toenails;
STD
STD (Sudden Tank Death) is well documented and quite prevalent.

So please, please, do yourself and your loved ones a favor:
STAY AWAY FROM DOUBLES!

BilgeDog:
How hard is it to do double tanks? I am a female and I would like to do double tanks, but everyone laughs at me and figures i can't do it because I am a woman.
-BilgeDog

I was in the florida springs last week. I saw a couple diving with doubles. I asked the nice lady what size double tanks she was wearing. She said they were XS 130 cuft tanks. She said they were heavy but in the water she has no problems. Then she went up a flight of stairs out of the spring. That inspired me to get my own 130. So the answer to your question is YES you can do doubles. I would recommend a shorter set of doubles so that the tanks do not hit your thighs. Needless to say, you have to carry them on wings and a plate.

Just ask this little lady if women can dive doubles!
bonewreckgang.jpg

And she captains a 36' dive boat.

Dennis

Considering that the original poster last logged on almost 5 years ago, I guess the doubles really did kill her or else she is doing one awesomely drawn-out deco schedule.

Barbie has a set of doubles...

0c98_1.JPG

With a convenient BuddyCheckTM gauge!

And look at that... a snorkel :O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom