Can women do double tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
And the award for oldest resurrected thread of the week goes tooooooo....

c555

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I was thinking the same thing. I was reading along about to answer until I got to Scuba-Sass's post....I have not heard from her in years.

Physical strength but "possible"
My wife going to tech diving soon. I happiest on that women can do same as men

My girlfriend became a tech diver. She has strong legs but not strong upper body strength or back. She's also has a good sac rate. When we decided on doubles it was between the OMS 63's or the PST HP 80's
I can't remeber the exact characteristics anymore but they were close ( with an overfill) We decided the PST was slightly better for her and our area. I think a tad better buoyancy charachteristics, no overfill needed and easier for me to fill.I dive HP 120's and can fill her sets at the same time because same pressure.
Down side of the smaller tanks is it's a little harder to get into your wings on the boat because they're short. A wood block helps out nicely though.

AquaW, I´m sure this is superflous, but I hope you considered your needs as well should she need to donate to you...

I dive double 15 ltrs, not because I need them but because my buddy does...

The women I dive with have done doubles. Chech your sac rate vs. your dive buddies, maybe smaller tanks will give you the air you require.

This is an impressive dredge-up. Twice now this thread has been raised from the dead.

grazie42:
AquaW, I´m sure this is superflous, but I hope you considered your needs as well should she need to donate to you...

I dive double 15 ltrs, not because I need them but because my buddy does...

Oh Yes. Reserve, Reserve Reserve. Very important no matter who needs it. We always make sure there's enough for us both to ascend.

This is an impressive dredge-up. Twice now this thread has been raised from the dead.

I guess nobody can really believe the answer :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom