Question Can this tank still be Used? Been a long time since last hydro and heard it may not be able to be certified. Guess it's been a while.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not home with a book, but 6688 sounds like the WK special permit that has passed. I believe you have a junk tank, I can confirm later.

I'm not home with a book, but 6688 sounds like the WK special permit that has passed. I believe you have a junk tank, I can confirm later.
Weren’t SP6688 tanks mostly Norris?

I stand by my statement of the binder page being a dumbed down version of DOT regs. I guess I could go with simplified.
When you find yourself in a hole it is often a good idea to stop digging.

@grf88 I like my shovel tyvm. I misread the numbers on the tank and stated as such. I saw I read tech data daily for aviation electronics troubleshooting and repair. That paper power point is dumbed down. I'm not saying it isn't accurate, but my statements are not incorrect.

Apparently those old aluminum tanks need a separate test every year. This test is just really hard to find someone that has the equipment for. So I was told by one of my local shops when we were talking tanks.

@grf88 I like my shovel tyvm. I misread the numbers on the tank and stated as such. I saw I read tech data daily for aviation electronics troubleshooting and repair. That paper power point is dumbed down. I'm not saying it isn't accurate, but my statements are not incorrect.
Badmouthing PSI PCI is hardly “correct”. Then doubling down on them is pretty bad form too. My late father used to say “pulling out your left foot to make way for your right”.

Badmouthing PSI PCI is hardly “correct”. Then doubling down on them is pretty bad form too. My late father used to say “pulling out your left foot to make way for your right”.
I'm saying the power point is dumbed down, not PSI. Take that for what it is. Technical details or picture books get the job done in most cases.

As posted, by others. Norris Industries SP6688 and Kaiser SP6576 permits expired by 1979. These cylinders are not serviceable in the US. The OP has scrap metal.

Regarding other earlier special permits, Luxfer and Walter Kidde continued production under SP6498, E6498 or SP7042, E7042 until the DOT formalized the aluminum cylinder category 3AL in July 1982. Those can be requalified with VE.

As posted, by others. Norris Industries SP6688 and Kaiser SP6576 permits expired by 1979. These cylinders are not serviceable in the US. The OP has scrap metal.

Regarding other earlier special permits, Luxfer and Walter Kidde continued production under SP6498, E6498 or SP7042, E7042 until the DOT formalized the aluminum cylinder category 3AL in July 1982. Those can be requalified with VE.
Just to back this up
20220628_134522.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom