Can someone pls help with collect more info regarding the Grush Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carry93

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I am from Hong Kong and can't read Japanese. I browse a website mic21 and found there is a discounted dry suit, Japanese YEN$59800, I would like to know if that dry suit is neoprene or trilaminate, can someone from Japan know about this or can help to do a favour to provide some more info?

Anyone used it before and any review / comments?

Many thanks for your help and sorry for all the troubles.

Cheers,
Caron

It's neoprene. The bulk of suits that are sold here are the same...
It's common to find deals on neoprene drysuits in that price range. As with any drysuit, the biggest error new buyers make is to buy a suit that does not fit them.

If you bought this, or another suit, from a distance that you have not tried on, or were familiar with the sizing traits, you'd run that risk.

Hi Jagfish, million thanks for your help to find out the material and your advice. Perhaps I should wait till I have chance to try out personally before I make any purchase.

Thanks again.

Yes, and moreover, it is not compressed or crushed neoprene.

Most of the time, you get what you pay for. Many divers would be better off getting a higher quality suit (meaning better materials such as compressed neoprene which has much better buoyancy characteristics) that will last a long time, rather than purchasing a "cheap" drysuit only to find out that it was unsuitable and to have to buy another suit.

Unless you are diving really cold water, you might be better off with a trilam suit that you can change the undergarments to suit the different conditions. A proper fitting while wearing the thickest undergarment that you will use will allow you to select the right size.

Best of luck,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom