Can someone please identify this 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As per title, from the photo I'm unsure. Thank you.

IMG_2101.JPG

I think I found the answer, a MK15? Both are listed as new old stock. I'm a little bit interested as the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
Nice looking second stage.

Yes, agree. I'm not sure what condition the rubber parts will be in given it's been sitting in box for some years, but being new and unused the metal parts will be in great condition. Price is right, think I'll jump on it.

that is pretty much the reg I am using now.

that is pretty much the reg I am using now.

Then I guess you're pretty happy with it then. I got a very nice one off Couv and this will pair nicely with it. Had been using Apeks for many years, started reading about vintage/older regs here on SB, sold all my Apeks and now own a bunch of G250s, soon to be two 156s and four Conshelfs. I've officially moved over to the dark side. Must say it's more fun.

Then I guess you're pretty happy with it then. I got a very nice one off Couv and this will pair nicely with it. Had been using Apeks for many years, started reading about vintage/older regs here on SB, sold all my Apeks and now own a bunch of G250s, soon to be two 156s and four Conshelfs. I've officially moved over to the dark side. Must say it's more fun.

I have been mostly using MK-10's for the last 20 years, but was reading that the MK-15 could handle higher tank pressures more easily. So 4-5 months ago I bought a used one for $50 and had it OH for $40 and just continue to use my beat to hell SP-109. There is not a lot of chrome left on the 109 and the adjustment knob which is all brass is pretty bent, but it works.

I sometimes have trouble with the exhaust valve leaking a little and the case itself (somewhere) leaks a tiny bit when I suck a vacuum on it.

I replaced the rubber hose with a woven hose a maybe 6 years ago and I think this makes an improvement in comfort, I use the longer mouth pieces - not originals.

I was looking at that second stage yesterday while diving, it has several SIGNIFICANT dents in it, each one would have almost certainly destroyed a plastic second stage. It seems to work well enough and can take some abuse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom