Can someone please identify this 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have recently seen a 156 with a satin finish cover and chrome band clamps. It seems that there was some mix and matching going on with these regs. But was it done by the factory? Hmm...

Mine has a blue poppet. I need to search for a list of what years they used the different poppets.

I assume tuning it is the same as a G250?

More or less, I usually find the spot where they free flow with the knob all the way out and then tighten the orifice just enough to stop it. On occasion this has caused them to be a little unstable due to case fault geometry. If I were doing it for someone else I'd find the free flow spot and then go 1/8 of a turn tighter. I don't have a magnehelic so I don't know the actual cracking effort, I'm guessing around 1" is probably about as low as you can get them to be stable. I've gotten pretty good at just judging how stable they'll be by feel. I've also found that each one is a little different.

I left out the "black chrome" models as they aren't being discussed here...

upload_2016-12-3_11-16-26.png

upload_2016-12-3_11-18-58.png
upload_2016-12-3_11-18-1.png

upload_2016-12-3_11-19-59.png

upload_2016-12-3_11-21-46.png

refer to Vintage Double Hose's catalog section for the SP Poppet Changes...

I did but the file page won't load. Don't know if the problem is on my end or theirs.

folks were "abusing" it, and apparently he may have taken it down....

IIRC, the "blue" poppets were in use as far back as around perhaps 2000.. not sure exactly when I was switching them over...

Hi Brian, I just tried to follow the link and it said "files no longer exist or have been moved"

I have an old browser, not sure if that might be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom