Scubapro 1st Stage Identification Help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmyjane

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m guessing this is probably a MK5 as it came paired with a 156. However, I can’t find a photo of a one exactly like this. Can someone please help to identify what we have here. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4339.jpeg
    IMG_4339.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4338.jpeg
    IMG_4338.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 37
The MK 9 was sold from 1983 to 1985, and is the MK 10 minus swivel as shown in schematics shared by Tanks A Lot.
It was paired with a 150 Balanced Adjustable as originally sold by Scubapro, the 156 Balanced Adjustable was not available until early 90's.

Attachments

• mkIX_1.jpg
    mkIX_1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 32
The MK 9 was sold from 1983 to 1985, and is the MK 10 minus swivel as shown in schematics shared by Tanks A Lot.
It was paired with a 151 Balanced Adjustable as originally sold by Scubapro, the 156 Balanced Adjustable was not available until early 90's.

sorry for a derail...

So, was the 151 the 109 turned into a balanced stage, then the 156 was the redesigned case with a larger exhaust?

I've only ever knew of 109 and 156 nomenclature, so I've likely incorrectly referred to my "updated" 109 stages as "156" stages...

Should therefore call them "151" seconds????

I am sleep deprived today and should have typed 150 instead of 151 in my post above, and made edit to correct.

A modified copy/paste from this thread describes the 109/150/156 story.
  • Catalog # 109 is the original and unbalanced version. Can be upgraded to Balanced Adjustable status.
  • Catalog # 150 (or 152 if it was sold as octopus) accounts for 99% of Balanced Adjustables in the wild. Depending on when and where they were produced these have several factory combinations of adjustment knobs, bodies, and faceplates.
  • Catalog # 156 version of the Balanced Adjustable is a very rare find. These also have several factory combinations of adjustment knobs, bodies, and faceplates. The defining characteristic of a Balanced Adjustable 156 is the G250 size exhaust valve. A Balanced Adjustable is not a 156 unless it has this feature.

Balanced Adjustable fits most any situation from upgraded 109 up to the 150/152 B/A as well as 156 B/A
Perhaps the easiest way to keep things straight is saving the 156 term for use only when it is a true 156.
Leaving the unbalanced 109 as 109/Adjustable.

So, now I have to go back and correct all my numerous old posts - I'm not sure I have a single 156 (quite certain I don't ) but do I have a boatload of 109 and 150/152 (109 upgraded) stages... Not a single one was obtained as a balanced adjustable.

Looks like I got the 150 MK9 combo. I appreciate the info.
The exhaust measures 1” on the 150 and 1-3/8” on the 250.
IMG_4342.jpeg

Is there a service manual available for both the first and second or only schematics? I am not finding a guide in the VintageDH library.

As far as I know, there are not service manuals available for MK9 or Balanced Adjustable.
The MK10 manual will be fine to use for the MK9, and a G250 manual would be closest match for Balanced Adjustable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom