Can someone ID this Aqualung 2nd Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone ID this Aqualung 2nd Stage? The serial number is: H1082347. I'd like to know how old it is.

Attachments

• Aq Set 2nd Stages.jpg
    Aq Set 2nd Stages.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 171
Well, it says "Aquarius" on it. I would venture a guess that it's a U.S. Divers Aquarius 2nd stage.
Parts-wise, it's the same 2nd stage as the Pioneer, SEA4, SE3, Conshelf 22, and SQ XR series.
The 2nd stage reg design is a classic downstream valve.

You could contact Aqualung with the make/model of 2nd stage along with the serial number if you wanted to know the reg's precise birthdate.

Isn't this the reg setup that you're trying to sell?

Yes it is. I was asked it's age. I know it's not from the 70's, but I don't actually have a born-on date.
Well, you said that the serial number is H1082347.
I'd guess that it was made in October 1982. :idk:

What did Aqualung say when you asked them the born-on date?

Well, you said that the serial number is H1082347.
I'd guess that it was made in October 1982. :idk:

What did Aqualung say when you asked them the born-on date?

I sent an email to Aqualung, but I don't expect them to respond as quickly as this board. I can make assumptions, but I'd like to know for sure. There are many people on this board that will know exactly when this was made, and they will probably provide some additional history on the model.

I sent an email to Aqualung, but I don't expect them to respond as quickly as this board. I can make assumptions, but I'd like to know for sure. There are many people on this board that will know exactly when this was made, and they will probably provide some additional history on the model.
Well I suppose you already did a Google search and found out about the recall in the 70s on the Aquarius.
Best of luck with the sale...

I will bet the farm this isn't a 70's model Aquarius, and I'm not sure what you are getting at with your tone. I have had this set for a couple years and it has functioned flawlessly.

I will bet the farm this isn't a 70's model Aquarius, and I'm not sure what you are getting at with your tone. I have had this set for a couple years and it has functioned flawlessly.
There was no "tone" with my last post. I wasn't implying anything at all. That info was what I found using a Google Search. There are several threads here on SB referring to a recall of the Aquarius 2nd stage in 1976-77. If your reg is from a later production date, which I believed to be the case as stated in a previous post, the recall would not apply to your reg.

My apologies, it it often difficult to tell the tone when reading short text. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

On another note, Aqualung got back much quicker than I would expect and said this second stage was made in 1998.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom