Can I use this older Suunto AI pod with the Eon Steel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an older air transmitter that came with a suunto vyper air. I am hoping to upgrade to a Eon Steel. Will this still work? It seems like the new transmitters have a green light at the bottom which this one does not have. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_1962.JPG

not for the eon steel. the new eons and the d5 use a different pod. you could go with a d4i or d6i to reuse it.
Thank you! I didnt realize they made a transmitter and a separate pod....I was hoping it was like oceanic where there transmitters work for the new stuff too.

Post up a picture of the other side of the transmitter as it may be subject to the recall. If so send it into Huish. Once updated, sell it and the computer. I did the same but only had the transmitter.

Product recall for Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs
I called my local dive shop which is ocean enterprises in san diego. I spoke to the repair dept and they said they are a suunto repair dealer. They said they just replace the batt and pressure check it and they will not give you a new transmitter unless it fails the pressure check. I thought they were suppose to replace it with the new led one and they just laughed lol...

no, they just update the old one. says right in the recall notice.

You don’t need them to send it in. Use the recall page at Suunto and do it yourself. You do need a copy of your receipt.

That’s what I thought but they just laughed at me.

Update the old one in this case means teplace the battery and cover plus send 2 flow restrictors...not replace the transmitter with a new one.

My understanding is the only way you get a new transmitter is if yours blows apart completely during the pressure check they perform.

-Z

You don’t need them to send it in. Use the recall page at Suunto and do it yourself. You do need a copy of your receipt.

It is a formal recall so no receipt is needed. That is all transmitters fall under the recall regardless current or past ownership.

Update the old one in this case means replace the battery and cover plus send 2 flow restrictors...not replace the transmitter with a new one.

My understanding is the only way you get a new transmitter is if yours blows apart completely during the pressure check they perform.

Exactly, the battery was dead on one I had. My shop sent it off for me, new battery, pressure checked, new cover and restrictors. Best of all a one year warranty. If it had died Suunto would have sent a refurbished rather than a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom