Can I use a wrist seal ring system for drysuit socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bent Benny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently got a drysuit but I'm not a fan of the installed boots. They are hard rubber and don't allow much for ankle movements. The biggest problem though is that the boots don't really fit in my scubapro jet fins.
Instead of spending $150 on new fins and straps and still having boots I'm not happy with I think I would like to install some latex socks and then just wear wetsuit booties over them. My concern is the durability of the latex, so I would like to be able to change them out easily.
So are there any ring systems made for this? If not, do you think a wrist seal ring would work?

I've sent every drysuit I have ever owned to Superior drysuit repair and had new boots installed. It's much easier than trying to get your foot into latex and more comfortable than the built in socks on DUI suits.

I had my drysuit (Deep6/Ursuit) built with neoprene socks....thicker and more durable than latex but still thin enough to wear wetsuit booties over them and still fit in my Deep6 Eddy fins, my Diveright XT fins, and my old Scubapro jetfins.

I don't think you will find any that you can fit an ankle/heel through. Kinda kills the option.
And if you did how bulky would they be? Just think about those a little then check out the options being listed.

I don't think you will find any that you can fit an ankle/heel through. Kinda kills the option.
And if you did how bulky would they be? Just think about those a little then check out the options being listed.
Yeah I'm just going to use drysuit glue. I'm going to start with the latex and if they dont last I will switch to neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom