Can anyone identify this suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA:
Yeah, you can come to missouri and dive the suit once! I sure hope the seals fit you! :scared:

Knowing how cold Missouri is right now I hope I don't win the prize! Please. :) Brrrrh. Cheers. X - NMID (No More Ice Diving)

akscubainst:
I'm 99% certain it's an OS Systems. Probably Late 80's early 90's.

They were the big user of latex socks. If it doesn't leak and you're planning on using it for awhile, Cut those silly socks off and send it to DUI for either Rockboots or Turbosoles.

Look here:
http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/os.systems.blue.small.drysuits.html

Dave

That is probably it! Hey, I got an OS systems drysuit for $300 + new seals!!!

I am going to dive it in the pool to see how well the valves work and to see if any seams leak. If all is good, I am going to put boots on it myself. I wanted to make it divable first, them optimal.

Thanks a ton for helping ID it. After looking at the picture, I am pretty sure you are right. I just needed a set of eyes that had looked at a lot of dry suits to help me.

You win the prize of getting to come to Missouri and dive the suit! lol

DivingCRNA:
That is probably it! Hey, I got an OS systems drysuit for $300 + new seals!!!

I am going to dive it in the pool to see how well the valves work and to see if any seams leak. If all is good, I am going to put boots on it myself. I wanted to make it divable first, them optimal.

Thanks a ton for helping ID it. After looking at the picture, I am pretty sure you are right. I just needed a set of eyes that had looked at a lot of dry suits to help me.

You win the prize of getting to come to Missouri and dive the suit! lol

You'll probably want to replace that shoulder valve. It looks like one that you need to depress to get it to vent. If the valve is in good condition you could consider moving it down to the forearm and installing an auto-dump valve on the shoulder.

R..

akscubainst:
I'm 99% certain it's an OS Systems. Probably Late 80's early 90's.

They were the big user of latex socks. If it doesn't leak and you're planning on using it for awhile, Cut those silly socks off and send it to DUI for either Rockboots or Turbosoles.

Look here:
http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/os.systems.blue.small.drysuits.html

Dave

I second the call for an OS systems. It looks identical to a suit i bought off ebay (still waiting for it to arrive). I'm going to HAVE to have the boots replaced. These size 13s screw up just about anything "off the shelf"

Diver0001:
You'll probably want to replace that shoulder valve. It looks like one that you need to depress to get it to vent. If the valve is in good condition you could consider moving it down to the forearm and installing an auto-dump valve on the shoulder.

R..

Yeah... I had been looking at the shoulder valve and did not think it was an auto-dump. I am not spenting more on the suit until I know it is usable-as proven by a session in the pool. I want to be sure that the seams do not leak, that the fill valve works, and that I put the new cuffs on right.

but, I think the new valve is only $80 or so... LOL

Thanks again. Keep the suit info and tips coming. Maybe I can be an in my basement drysuit repair person! LOL

DivingCRNA:
Thanks again. Keep the suit info and tips coming. Maybe I can be an in my basement drysuit repair person! LOL

Just make sure the basement is ventilated. Occasionally, I walk into our shop to the stench of glue and a very happy wife!!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom