Closed Whites / Aqualung FUSION SPORT DRYSUIT (Size: L)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Tourist

Contributor
Reaction score
[ I am currently on the road, pictures of the actual suit will be attached on September 7th ]

Looking to sell my whites drysuit, it is in pristine condition and only has ~15 dives on it. I thought I would become a cold water diver, but it never happened so the suit was only used to get my dry suit cert plus I did some extra dives on it. It has been gathering dust ever since looking for new and loving hands to make it wet again.

- No damages to any parts of the suit
- All seals are in perfect condition and were not modified
- Asking 900$ (retail price is 1400$ + tax; some negotiation possible)
- Which means that you will essentially get a nearly brand new suit for a fraction of the price
- For serious offers, I will send you a video of the suit confirming its condition

Happy to answer any questions.

20210919_115940.jpg
20210919_115828.jpg
20210919_115642.jpg
20210919_115728.jpg

Thank you, maybe someone will want to use your video to change the cuffs

But keep in mind that my pictures are very zoomed in so the actual length of the tears is 5mm..
plus the cuffs are factory width (as my wrist is on the small size) so the cuff are very likely to be trimmed which will remove all the tears making them new again

How old is the suit? Latex seals degrade with time even without tears? Are undergarments and boots included?

The suit is ~3.5-4 years old

I am not sure about your latex question as this is my first and only drysuit.. visually and tactilely the seals feel and look good even when stretched. (All pictures are taken with latex seals stretched)

And no undergarments or boots are included (I can toss in a pair of boots if you really want)

... it is in pristine condition
- No damages to any parts of the suit
- All seals are in perfect condition

You are operating with a non-standard definition of "pristine", "no damages", and "perfect condition".

The suit is ~3.5-4 years old...

Aqualung aquired Whites in 2010 and phazed out the Whites brand name (for at least the Fusion suits) by the 2015 product season, so if your suit was bought new 4 years ago then it was old stock that was sitting at the shop for 3 years before you bought it.

-Z

cutting 5mm off the cuff and vuola the definitions hold
besides that, the suit has no other defects, including the outer neoprene layer

Thank you for the info also. So does the age of the latex seal (so 7 years total) have a material effect on the sealing quality?

From another site:

Latex seal lifespan is very dependent on use and storage environment. Active divers figure not much more than a year. Sunlight and ozone sources (such as electric motors) are damaging to latex, as are many oils used in sunscreens. Keeping them sealed in a bag and away from light will help a great deal to preserve them. So will washing with soap and water after use, and dusting with unscented talc- that helps to absorb oils. If the edges start to look cracked or dry they are on their way out, and will usually fail suddenly and at the most inconvenient time.

Back
Top Bottom