Can anyone do drysuit seals in-shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebri

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a USIA-made drysuit and need seals ASAP.
Anyone have an x-large neck and wrist seals that can put them on this week?

Looking for latex, but I'm in a bind now. LDS hasn't come through. I'm in Phoenix.

As far as I know, no shops in Phoenix do dry suit work. I don't think any shops in AZ do either. I replace my own seals, and could replace yours. But I don't stock seals. It would take a week or so to get seals in. None of the shops in AZ carry seals either...I've checked.

Scuba Specialties does dry suit repairs on location. Call Frankie at 602.504.1112. Scuba Specialties is an Oceanic Dry Suit Dealer. Oceanic is manufactured by USIA. Thus, they may have the seals in stock. No guarantees.

Hope this helps,

John

/////

We do but im afraid we are a little far away from you, sorry!

scubajcf:
Scuba Specialties does dry suit repairs on location. Call Frankie at 602.504.1112. Scuba Specialties is an Oceanic Dry Suit Dealer. Oceanic is manufactured by USIA. Thus, they may have the seals in stock. No guarantees.

Hope this helps,

John

/////

Interesting. Thanks for the info, John. When I called around for seals a couple of years ago, they didn't have anything in stock. Shopping around led me to a good inexpensive source of seals from Diving Doc's neck of the woods, even with the international shipping.

Dive-aholic:
Interesting. Thanks for the info, John. When I called around for seals a couple of years ago, they didn't have anything in stock. Shopping around led me to a good inexpensive source of seals from Diving Doc's neck of the woods, even with the international shipping.

NP, They used to send them out. I wouldn't say it is a recent addition to their services, but probably added since you called around.

The big issue is do they have the right seals in stock. That is the issue with any shop. Although, I think you are good with Oceanic/USIA

jcf

The nice thing about a factory seal replacement is they have a 12 month warranty and that includes the labor , they will not warranty the seals If someone else installs the seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom