Can A Mares Ruby be replced by the Titanium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can the Ruby in a 1st stage MR22 Ruby be replaced if it chips with the titanium SCS components or a Stainless alternative. I ask this because of posts about expensive replacement parts in the future.

Love the Reg just wondering for the future.

Maybe Greg Barlow or ScubaToys has the answer. :06:

ddown:
Can the Ruby in a 1st stage MR22 Ruby be replaced if it chips with the titanium SCS components or a Stainless alternative. I ask this because of posts about expensive replacement parts in the future.

Love the Reg just wondering for the future.

Maybe Greg Barlow or ScubaToys has the answer. :06:

And the answer is YES!! It can... No problem.

If you replace the internals with Ti, is it still usable with high ppO2 nitrox? I'd think not.

MSilvia:
If you replace the internals with Ti, is it still usable with high ppO2 nitrox? I'd think not.

If that is a concern... just use the stainless...

....as usual, Thanks again, Larry for your insight/helpful advise! I dive both Mares ( MR16 Voltrex and Ruby) as well as Poseidon Odins........have been very happy with all of them, and have learned a lot information about both models/brands from your 'industry insider' posts...it's much appreciated!

Karl

scubatoys:
If that is a concern... just use the stainless...

I agree. The original Ruby version was developed to prevent wear to the gem face. Yes, it did as it was designed, but caused rapid wear of the polymer seat. The stainless version is the best choice in my opinion.

greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom