Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will go you one better and make up a batch of arrachera. For those who have never had arrachera, it's like fajitas on steroids. For a Friday night, I'll start getting it ready Wednesday.

Last edited:
I will go you one better and make up a batch of arrachera. For those who have never had arrachera, it's like fajitas on steroids. For a Friday night, I'll start getting it ready Wednesday.

Jeff my mouth is watering thinking about it.

:gas:

Thanks for the participation. Just think a pound of meat per person should fill up any hungry diver or camper. :rofl3:

You are giving my stomach a killer flashback of Otates in Cozumel.. Of course, since I moved back and away from the late night drinks & arrachera, I've dropped about 20 lbs.. BUT, I'm looking forward to relapsing!

I plan on being Certified by that weekend and maybe coming up from Houston. Where does everybody meet up?

Is it kid friendly?

Is it easy to hook up with dive buddies?

Thanks everyone!

I plan on being Certified by that weekend and maybe coming up from Houston. Where does everybody meet up?

Is it kid friendly?

Is it easy to hook up with dive buddies?

Thanks everyone!

We all meet at the camp dive park called Windy Point Private or Barstows scuba park on Lake Travis. Picnic tables, oak trees for shade, stairs to the water and a fill station.

Check all details of the park at Windy Point Park

Richard BArstow is in charge of his park. It is really nice set up for scuba divers and families.

If Jennifer commits to bringing the Texas SWamp Divers banner, we will ahve it strung up between picnic tables and camping area, or just ask where we are at the fill station.

All are welcome. Good luck in your certification. This kick off to scuba diving 2011 will be lots of fun with a whole bunch of really nice people (divers) and there friends or family showing up on the thread.

Look forward to meeting you when you arrive.

Just think a pound of meat per person should fill up any hungry diver or camper. :rofl3:

I just cooked up a batch tonight and I think you are right. We need a bit more than a pound per person.

Chris Summers, owner of Terrapin Wetsuits out of New Braunfels, has agreed to attend the camp out either Saturday or Sunday. If you have ever wanted a custom wetsuit or to have your current wetsuit altered or modified (I had her install a front zipper on my Henderson) she will be there to answer questions, do fittings and collect suits. You can see her work at Wetsuit Repair | Wetsuits Women | Men | Kids | Wet Suits . Be sure to take a look at her mini hoods. If you order one before April 15th she will be able to bring it to you at the event - contact her for details at TerrapinWetsuits@aol.com.

Back
Top Bottom