Camp & Dive a Nuclear Missile Silo Oct '08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aww! That's where Chris and I met! :love: It would be fun to dive Valhalla again; this time in drysuits I think. :crafty: I've got to check some details but it would be great to join you!

Aww! That's where Chris and I met! :love: It would be fun to dive Valhalla again; this time in drysuits I think. :crafty: I've got to check some details but it would be great to join you!

Great, b/c I was hoping Chris could be the lead as we are booking through Oak Hill Scuba :wink: Let me know if ya'll can make it.

Great, b/c I was hoping Chris could be the lead as we are booking through Oak Hill Scuba :wink: Let me know if ya'll can make it.

I'm up for that. Let me chat with RumBum before committing though.

It's gotta be fun telling people that you met while diving a Nuclear Missile Silo. You sure don't see that everyday :D

Some DIMWIT's have been talking and would like to go dive the Valhalla Missile Silo. It's just outside Abilene and we've got a reservation in the works. We will probably need at least 12 divers to make the trip a go.

Itinerary goes like this:

Sat. Oct. 11, drive to Missile Silo outside Abilene (4 hours from Austin, 3 from Dallas). Setup camp, check out silo, and DIVE! Eat, Drink, Sleep, and return on Sunday.

Hopefully some other Swampers from around the State will grace us with their presence :D

I've attached a schematic to give you an idea.

Who's interested? :eyebrow:

Not interested. Ready to commit!
Please PM cost and details.

Thanks,

John

Hehehe... there may be more than 12 of us interested. How many DIMWITs can we pack into a missile silo anyway?

20 would be great, especially for all the eat'n drink'n convers'n & camp'n going on when we're not Diving in a Nuclear Missile Silo :crafty:

Last time I was there:
I was at 105 ft. Swimmin' around. Mindin' my own business. I felt this SWOOSH ! ! ! ! past my right ear and as I swung my head to the right, I caught a glimpse of fast plummeting weight belt :shocked2:

Wow! That was close! Some yahoo jumped in above without using proper giant stride technique. Weight belt came loose and started a direct depth-charge fall straight for my head! Boy was I lucky! I think it was about 20 lbs. of lead.

I think Timeliner made friends with a rattlesnake that day. Frank likes snakes. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom