Camera + strobe too heavy. . .where to put floats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm clawing my way into the previous decade and replaced my G10 Canon housing with an Ikelite housing, Ikelite double handle base, Ikelite arms, and a YS-D2. Add a macro lens adapter or an Ikelite dome and this sucker is much heavier than I'm used to. I do have a tether on the base so it should not part company with me, but I'm finding safety stops problematic. The whole set probably weighs 5+ pounds in the water and trying to remain horizontal at my safety stop with it tugging on the right chest ring is "entertaining".

Adding some buoyancy seems the answer, but where should the floats go. Are all the aftermarket floats equal?

Many thanks!

I ran into the same problem. I got a few sets of the styx foamy things and headed off to the local pool. One tip I came up with after getting annoyed with my 20” lanyard getting in the way was adding four of the floaties to the lanyard itself. Added buoyancy and keeps the darn thing out of the way!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom