Camaro C-6-T dry suit - any comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

While at the LDS for something completely different I spotted this suit. At only 299 euro (US$ 380), with a drysuit bag, a flask of Seal Saver and the LP hose it seemed a steal, so I took it home.

Here's what Camaro's website) has to say about it:

Material and Finishing:
Men only, extra strong Trilaminate-Polyester material, 5mm Neoprene hood attached, latex arm cuffs, rotating inlet valve on the chest and automatic outlet valve on the left arm, 3mm Supratex-Neoprene knee reinforcement, integrated braces, 6mm neoprene dry boots with vulcanized reinforcements and profile sole. Dry zipper in the back.

My suit is an older version, grey & yellow. It had been hanging in the shop for a while, so I may have to replace the latex seals sometime soon. The length is good, it's a bit wide around the butt, and the wrist seals fit but aren't very tight. As an undergarment I plan to use the two-piece insulation suit from my military service days that's been sitting in my attic in case the soviets decide to invade after all.

Anyone care to comment? (on the suit) :wink:

Thanks,

Art

No specific comment on this suit but I have a Camaro semi dry suit and I'm really happy with it. Very good quality. Camaro is a very popular brand in Europe and they wouldn't be if they would be producing bad products.
For this price it would be a real steal and a great buy but only if it fits. It would leave you even more than enough money to get yourself decent underwear. Good underwear are as important as the suit, if not even more.

I tried it out for the first time in the pool yesterday, wearing just a t-shirt and jeans. The sensation was interesting, to say the least. Especially the inflator attachment pressed hard into my chest bone, so I won't be using it again without a thicker undergarment. Also, I hadn't been wearing the attached hood, so when I took off the suit the water that had pooled in the cap made itself known :11: and of course there was a wet spot under the outlet valve because I had been messing with it under water.

It's going to be fun learning to use this suit!

Back
Top Bottom