Calypso red label and Conshelf VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha James79. I'm in the process of rebuilding my Conshelf VI, but the tee is cracking around the screws. Would it be possible to buy a 3D tee from you? Thanks.

I want to express my sincere gratitude to James79 for making and sending me new 3D exhaust tees for my Conshelf VI. They are well crafted and fit perfectly. One of the tee’s will be used on an early Calypso J I’m currently working on. This Calypso has the small 23mm exhaust valve. Pictures will be forthcoming soon. Thanks James

61B5B30E-11A7-4ADF-8047-AC2A27BC102F.jpeg

Restoration courtesy of James79. Thanks James

I use a Conshelf VI as my pony reg, and have a red label Calypso as my alternate on a DAAM.... In short, all Conshelfs from the VI through the first generation Titan are the same inside (Parts interchangeable, same rebuild kit). I think they came out in 65?
The Conshelf and Calypso chrome seconds are all of a type commonly referred to as "1085" (comes from a part number). Over the years there were 3 different exhaust mushroom sizes I'm aware of, and the earlier ones have a screw on exhaust T, where newer ones have a pressed on T. (I've made 3d printed T's for the screw on style. If yours are toast, let me know!).

I find them to be great breathers, but I tend to be shallower so the smaller exhaust on the early models doesn't bother me. I use the military Conshelf XIV manual for rebuilding all generations of Conshelf.

Respectfully,

James
Hey James, have you seen a Conshelf 4 or do you think this is a misprint in their catalogue?

U.S. Divers introduces the Conshelf IV regulator based on the balanced first stage design of the 2-hose Royal Master. This model is the foundation for all Aqua Lung regulators moving forward.

Hey James, have you seen a Conshelf 4 or do you think this is a misprint in their catalogue?

U.S. Divers introduces the Conshelf IV regulator based on the balanced first stage design of the 2-hose Royal Master. This model is the foundation for all Aqua Lung regulators moving forward.
Everything I've seen points to it being a typo... A while back I dug through the catalogs on VDH, and if I remember right the 65 catalog shows the VI. And that one paragraph you quoted is the only official mention of a "Conshelf IV" I've been able to find.

Respectfully,

James

Back
Top Bottom