Calling out the Nitrox Posers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot with the Trox. The Troxter. Trox Master. Talkin' to the ladies......

Rjp,

Who are you quoting? Unless I'm smokin crack I never even posted that. Maybe it was the one armed man. I agree with your argument though.

RJP:
I wear a regular bathing suit, but I slip a "Spare Air" down the front.

:)

Is THAT what S.A. is for? Man have I had that company all wrong....:shakehead

FD

Mmm...nothing says delicious diverboy ready to be jumped like a big yellow and green nitrox sticker.

Especially when the guys around here are also loaded up with tons of gear over a supersexy drysuit, fluffy warm undergarment, hood, gloves, etc....... that sticker makes them stand out in a crowd.

Really, I can't resist. :wink:

Seriously...showing off to the chicks?

Oriskany Divemaster:
I'm Smokin' Hot with the Trox. That's how I roll.
:rofl3:

been doing sum interesting reading on the comments about Nitrox,seems a few poeple need to go back to there manulas a read them.

there are a fewways to blend Nitrox, mainly continuos blending and partial pressure blending, alot of big dive operators are now using membrane filters.There are various advantages in using the diff methods.

at my local dive club we use partial pressure. I can use my cylinder for both a mix or Air (21%) as long as we use double Filtered Air. So having green sticker denoting Nitrox , just means that u should be analising your gas before u dive to confirm what is in your cylinders

As to y we dive nitrox , well there are various reason. Foe me it is the benifts of being able to do repettive dives for longer times as well as no feeling the affects of narcosis as much. After a days diving,3 dives, u can feel the difference that you are not as tired. It lso reduces the risk of DCS.

We resently returned froma dive holiday in Sipidan Malaysia, did 22 dives in 7 days, damn did i mis my nitrox as I founbd my self so tired at the end of the holiday.

safe diving all.

PS also prefer looking and chicks in Bikinis rather than the color of the tank heheheh

uspap:
Rjp,

Who are you quoting? Unless I'm smokin crack I never even posted that. Maybe it was the one armed man. I agree with your argument though.

Maybe it was a quote nested within a quote you referenced. I probably didn't delete enough of the "quote=xxxxx" things from my reply.

Penopolypants:
...loaded up with tons of gear over a supersexy drysuit, fluffy warm undergarment, hood, gloves, etc

Yeah, nothing attracts the hotties faster than a bunch of smelly guys in black rubber suits, passing around a giant sized tube of K-Y jelly, while talking about who's gonna get the most "bottom time."

:11:

Generally speaking I tend to shy away from the loud and the boisterous (read: Ferrari) - which certainly extends into the realm of diving. However, being a TDI nitrox instructor, I do want to point out a few benefits of diving nitrox on shallow dives...

- Practice. It's never a bad idea to continue honing your skills in a sport that can kill you when you become complacent. Being proficient with analyzing gas and calculating things such as MOD and EAD, CNS Clock, ... is critical and should be practiced whenever possible.

- I for one find that breathing higher-than-21% O2 is more "body-friendly" than air, so on a shallow dive, if, say, EAN36 or above is available then why not dive it - especially when you the benefit of the first point.

John

I would tend to agree with ya John. Especially since I don't have to pay for my TROX. One of my perks teaching for our shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom