Calling out the Nitrox Posers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think there is a hard and fast 'minimum depth/time' that recommends the use of Nitrox. I think GUE recommends EAN32x for all open water diving up to 90FW. I go with (roughly) anything between 30-90FW. I would be a bit wasteful for pool dives, or things in that range.

RJP:
Yeah, nothing attracts the hotties faster than a bunch of smelly guys in black rubber suits, passing around a giant sized tube of K-Y jelly, while talking about who's gonna get the most "bottom time."

:11:
and condom size...

yes, air is 21% - that's what they were saying, that everyone dives nitrox, just some use higher than 21%! :)

DavidPT40:
I saw alot of people in this thread saying they dive 21% nitrox. Regular air has 21% oxygen in it. Whats the deal?

"EAN21" is a common way to say that you're putting hyperfiltered air into a nitrox tank.

Really, I thought that folks were taking the 20.7% air and adding O2 for a total of 21%. Man do I feel stupid, again.

If ya wanna get some weird looks show up to a pool session with doubles, 2 slung, and some argon on your leg....for added value throw an empty Tequilla bottle in the trash on your way in, and ask if anyone has a SpareAir you can borrow for a bit.

ya get similar looks with similar gear at the quarry, especially when they're doing an ow class.

never thought about the liquor bottle, though. great idea!! :wink:

BabyDuck:
ya get similar looks with similar gear at the quarry, especially when they're doing an ow class.

never thought about the liquor bottle, though. great idea!! :wink:

Better idea!! Fill empty whiskey bottle with tea. Take INTO the water with you! :rofl3:

FD

Oriskany Divemaster:
The whole Nitrox attracting chicks is true. Many days I'll parade myself--donned only in my Speedo and a tank of Nitrox--up and down the white sands of Pensacola Beach. I never really get in the water, I just walk to the next group of chicks, and without acknowledging them, I point toward the gulf, then...and this really gets 'em hot--I shade my eyes, as if peering at something very dangerous and then contemplating on my best method of entry. Each time I've met some hotties. Sure they' play it cool by "threatening" to have the lifeguards make me leave, but they know that I know that they know I'm Smokin' Hot with the Trox. That's how I roll.
ROFLMAO....:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Oriskany Divemaster:
The whole Nitrox attracting chicks is true. Many days I'll parade myself--donned only in my Speedo and a tank of Nitrox--up and down the white sands of Pensacola Beach. I never really get in the water, I just walk to the next group of chicks, and without acknowledging them, I point toward the gulf, then...and this really gets 'em hot--I shade my eyes, as if peering at something very dangerous and then contemplating on my best method of entry. Each time I've met some hotties. Sure they' play it cool by "threatening" to have the lifeguards make me leave, but they know that I know that they know I'm Smokin' Hot with the Trox. That's how I roll.

OMG now that was funny :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom