Calling out the Nitrox Posers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver:
Better idea!! Fill empty whiskey bottle with tea. Take INTO the water with you! :rofl3:

FD

'Here hold my cigar while I check my gas and gulp down this beverage. Gotta stay hydrated you know'

Soggy:
Not true, nitrox tanks only have to be O2 cleaned if they are seeing O2% higher than 40% (i.e. partial pressure blending).

Many places blend partial pressure for sub-advanced Nitrox mixes...

rookers:
I think GUE recommends EAN32x for all open water diving up to 90FW.

Per GUE, air is the appropriate gas for filling tires.

Blackwood:
Many places blend partial pressure for sub-advanced Nitrox mixes...

I think what you mean to say is many places bank 40% or lower nitrox and then air top to lower the O2 content to the desired mix. This type of filling, as I indicated above, does not require O2 clean tanks since the tank is never exposed to 100% O2.

Soggy:
Compressed gas in a cylinder tells me "analyze before use."
HHhhhaaarrrr! I can just see it :D
Cozumel, Paradise Dive...
Rick

Soggy:
I think what you mean to say is many places bank 40% or lower nitrox and then air top to lower the O2 content to the desired mix. This type of filling, as I indicated above, does not require O2 clean tanks since the tank is never exposed to 100% O2.

I don't know if I was correct in saying "many."

However, I know of at least one shop (and one boat) that only blends partial pressure. Air on top of oxygen.

Blackwood:
I don't know if I was correct in saying "many."

However, I know of at least one shop (and one boat) that only blends partial pressure. Air on top of oxygen.
Then those tanks would have to be O2 cleaned, because they would see 100% O2 content.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom