Calling on owners of DiveRite's Travel Pac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very similar to what I was originally thinking, but i was trying to get away with not having a separate weight belt and use ditchable weight pockets on the BC belt to simplify somewhat.

Having a weight belt with pockets on it was much simpler for me. The belt is the correct size, the pockets are exactly where I want them (I put serrated belt slides on each side of each pouch to hold them in place). The weight belt goes just below the waist belt, on my hips, and under the crotch strap. Very simple for me at least.

Having a weight belt with pockets on it was much simpler for me. The belt is the correct size, the pockets are exactly where I want them (I put serrated belt slides on each side of each pouch to hold them in place). The weight belt goes just below the waist belt, on my hips, and under the crotch strap. Very simple for me at least.
under the crotch strap in the front only right? worry about it getting hung up in a ditch?

under the crotch strap in the front only right? worry about it getting hung up in a ditch?

Under the crotch strap front and back. I put on the weight belt first, then the BC and the crotch strap last. Pros and cons either way you do it. One pro is that it makes it harder to mistakenly lose your weight belt if it unintentionally opens. To drop my weights I need to unclip the crotch strap first or manually remove the weights form the pockets .Quick release pockets are something to look at.

If you have pockets that have a quick release on them, it would make it a bit easier. I guess it boils down to how much weight you are carrying and how comfortable you are swimming your BC up with no air in it with your weight belt on.

I just ordered a travel pac and the xs scuba weight pockets. I also got a vertically oriented zippered dive rite pouch. I will let you know how mine works out.

Where do you have your weight pockets? Hips or kidneys?

I just ordered a travel pac and the xs scuba weight pockets. I also got a vertically oriented zippered dive rite pouch. I will let you know how mine works out.

I wear my weigh belt below the waist belt, on my hips, with a pocket on each side just an inch or so toward my back.

My travel pack extends far enough around on my sides that having weight pockets over the kidneys is not possible.

I think im going to go this route. Rigging everything up this weekend, diving in 10 days

my weight pockets have not arrived yet. i slid the sholder strap band farther back. and i plan on placing them between that and the D ring.

my weight pockets have not arrived yet. i slid the sholder strap band farther back. and i plan on placing them between that and the D ring.

I bought a set of triglides as well just so the weight pockets don't slide around

Back
Top Bottom