Calling all Science Divers to clean Aquarena Sunday October 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello fellow volunteers,

Feel free to join myself, Scott Sanders, Tim and Julie McKenna Sunday starting at 11 AM to help clean up Spring Lake at Aquarena Center in San Marcos. You must be a certified Diving for Science Diver to participate.

RSVP to me by Thursday for the clean up efforts this coming Sunday October 12th.

Thanks for your continued help and support,

Shawn O'Shea

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Man, I wish I could make it! That's a "fur piece" for me to travel on a Sunday, though. If it were a week later, I would have been there with bells on! Keep us informed about other oppotunities, Shawn. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Bill

More motivation to get certified. I've started bugging my buddy about it, but I am not getting her back into the water until at least April... Maybe next year....

We will be volunteering at Aquarena on Sunday, the 25th of this month, Shawn. Sorry we can't make it this weekend, hope you have a good turnout. Foo2, FooMan2 and Liv went on the glass-bottomed boats last weekend as they traveled home from the Comal Trashfest. They said Cream of Wheat isn't bubbling much due to not enough rain- I didn't realize it was that dry there, bummer! We only get to that area 2-3 times a year, if that. Yall be safe and have fun!

More motivation to get certified. I've started bugging my buddy about it, but I am not getting her back into the water until at least April... Maybe next year....

Get a thicker wetsuit.....
:wink:

Vanessa--Let your friend know that Aquarena is the same temp year 'round--71 degrees, so you can go diving there in February in an ice storm, no biggie.

Vanessa--Let your friend know that Aquarena is the same temp year 'round--71 degrees, so you can go diving there in February in an ice storm, no biggie.

Vanessa, I dive a 3 mil during the winter months most of the time at Aquarena. Being an artesian well from the lime stone springs the temperature remains constant all year round, just another reason to get certified to dive there.

Just a thought.

Glad to hear from everyone, and look forward to diving with you soon.

Shawn O'Shea

if I was not doing aow this weekend I would be there... maybe next time?

Sounds like a dive plan.

Best wishes on AOW you will have fun. Great class.

Shawn O'Shea

Back
Top Bottom