California World Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Giants will come back!!

GOOO Giants!!!!

imo ...they should not be able to walk batters and if they do the batter should be able to got o second...and they should only be allowd to foul tip the ball some many times and then it should be an out.......I am enjoying the games though......:)

ALL ABOUT THE ANGELS HERE BABY!!! THEY WILL TAKE THIS SERIES!

Being an Orange County transplant, I have a strong connection to the Angels. So to see them in the Series is awesome!

RALLY MONKEY RULES!!!:bananas: :wanna:

I have several friends in the US and have been there and the caribbean several times, and I find it strange that if an American competitor or team is not in the running it doesn't get shown on TV, why is this?

Surely If you are a sports fanatic to a certain degree it doesn't matter who is playing, just that you get to watch the sport you like?

clive francis once bubbled...
I have several friends in the US and have been there and the caribbean several times, and I find it strange that if an American competitor or team is not in the running it doesn't get shown on TV, why is this?

We saw the World Cup in its entirety (at god-awful times in the morning), even when the US wasn't either playing or had already been eliminated. This is one of the many millions of misconceptions others have about Americans. We're just as passionate about sports as anyone else...we just have different ways of showing it.

Yesterdays game was so cool. They left the Giants in the dust! I hope they do the same again today! :D Wahooooo!

we have a american in our office (lockhead martin guy) he is getting used to the UK sense of humour and cracking jokes like the rest of us, he has mastered sarcasm, and comes out with some good ones.

we were giving him some ribbing about the world series and only US teams entering.

he said it was called "the world" series because it was originally sponsored by a newspaper called the world, is this right?

clive francis once bubbled...
he said it was called "the world" series because it was originally sponsored by a newspaper called the world, is this right?

Um, Clive....I think he's giving you the mickey, mate. If that were true, it would be news to me, and I've been following baseball all my life. :wink:

Well, Since I live in So. CA, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Angels. 41 years and never have made it to the BIG time. They deserve a WIN. Down to the wire and will be cheering them on this weekend in Anaheim !!

Back
Top Bottom